Posts by Barb1959

Thanks to everyone who has replied. Because I am so new on this site it took me forever to figure out how to read your replies. Okay so I'm not the brightest when it comes to this forum stuff, but I'm learning.I was under the impression that if you were filling with buttercream you do not need to damn. Is this true. I also heard from someone else that I needed to refrigerate the cake overnight to set. I am going to try again real soon on a small cake (I can eat just so...
I am helping my daughter do a cake for a baptism. It's going to be 3 tiered, 6 / 8 /12. We originally told the customer (a friend) that we would put a fillng between the layers of each tier (actually would be 6 pieces of cake). My daughter says that you cannot fill a cake that large because the tiers layers will slide. We have been experimenting with some cakes and the the layers are sliding. And this is with just the 8" by itself. Is it true that generall speaking...
My daughter is making a cake for next weekend and it will be 3 tiered. It will have a pudding-type filling. I assume that will need to be refrigerated. DO you know of any good fillings that do not need refrigeration. My fridge is not that big. I might have to empty it to put a cake in. Thanks