Posts by JuliSchulze

Thank you.
Great idea to do multiple tests at once! Thanks! Why lemon juice? Just curious.
Durable Cake for 3D and Wedding Cakes Ingredients 1 Duncan Hines Yellow (or White) cake mix 4 egg whites 1/2 cup water 1/3 cup vegetable oil 1 small pkg of instant vanilla pudding mix 1 cup sour cream Instructions Preheat oven to 350 Incorporate all ingredients together one by one on low speed. Make sure to mix thoroughly between each ingredient. Once all ingredients are mixed turn mixer to medium and mix for approximately 2 minutes. Bake at 350 for 30 - 35 minutes This...
I want to try modifying the durable cake recipe and add pumpkin to it. Was planning on a spice cake mix with vanilla or cream cheese flavored pudding. I also want to add pumpkin to it. Not sure if I should replace something with the pumpkin (maybe the sour cream?) or just add the pumpkin in with everything else. Any advice? Thanks in advance!
Space looks great! We don't have basements in central Texas unless you count storm shelters!
Cake skills help with caulking too! My husband gets me to do the caulking we need. Squirt it in a disposable piping bag and go to town!
Put in the oven with the light on or at the lowest heat possible. Or if you have a lamp of some sort you could place the decorations under the light at close range? I've never placed items in the oven but have used the lamp on several occasions..
I recently partnered with someone to make a wedding cake for a relative. It was agreed he would bake, ice and cover the cakes in fondant. I would make all of the external decorations. He said the cakes would be 4 to 5 inches tall. ( he's in a different city from me). The cakes were transported to my house and then on to the other city where the wedding was being held. By the time the cakes made it to my house, the buttercream had absorbed into the cakes and the fondant...
I found the best way to get a deep red rose is to start with red gumpaste or fondant with tylose added and then once the rose is dry use a deeper red petal dust to get the correct color.
How about drawing around each tier and make it look like a child's drawing, I.e. stick figures. I did something very similar several years ago. Sorry, no pictured loaded. HTH!