Posts by kimbm04r

I was just browsing Michael's website for their ad because I got a gift card for Mother's Day. I noticed that they have the Wilton Ultimate Decorating Set Tool Caddy on sale this week for 30% off. Then I checked out next weeks ad (starting 5/27 - 6/2) and they have it on sale again but this time for 40% off (119.99) and they will also have a 20% coupon that is good for your entire purchase including sale items. They also have the Wilton Method Cake Decorating Course...
Check your local grocery store brand. Marsh here where I live has their brand with trans fat (3.5 gr) and you can use that in place of the hi-ratio shortening. And it is normally cheaper than Crisco.
Everyone is most welcome. I have probably sent out around 10 requests today alone. Just PM me and I will send it to you as well. Thank you for the Birthday wish as well.
mlwideman, your welcome.   If anybody else would like it PM me.
Years ago I took a candy making class and we made marshmallows, among other candies. I still have the cookbook that we got the recipes from. I lost my original copy and was very disappointed because I didn't think I would be able to replace it since I had taken the class so long ago. I was thrilled when I found I could still get it. In fact I have recently seen the same cookbook for sale (Country Kitchen catalog) so I know it is still available. It is called "Ideals...
When I make gumpaste flowers I usually apply petal dust to them to enhance the flower. I then use my clothes steamer to steam them. It sets the color and make the whole flower look so much more realistic. You won't be a bit disappointed in the results.I got my steamer from Sears a couple of years ago. I got a Sears gift card from my stepson for Christmas and new exactly what I was going to use it on. Haven't regretted it once. And it was under $40 if I remember...
I made a cake for my great nieces first birthday. I made a giant cupcake along with several jumbo cupcakes for the party. I transported them in a sheet cake box that I lined with non-skid material that you use for your cabinets. They traveled well over an hour with not a single cupcake moving from its original location.
I made a copy of it on my computer when I found out the instructions had been taken off the internet. Pm me and I will be happy to send it to you.
I have used Nicholas Lodge's recipe and I recently found a YouTube video from Linda McClure for her Gumpaste recipe. I believe I like her recipe better. It is really easy to work with and it seems to come back better if you have to rework anything. If it has a dry tendency from overworking it smooths right out with just a little extra kneading. I am currently using it to make Gerbera Daisies for a wedding cake I have due on July 1.Do a search on You Tube for Gumpaste...
The way I do a rope is with a round tip and make an "s" that lays down and overlap them starting with the bottom of the previous "s" to make the next one.. You may be able to find the instructions on theWwilton website or Youtube.http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2036205/cherry-blossom-birthday-cakeHere is a link to a cake that I made with a rope border. I used a tip 22 star for it.