Posts by kimbm04r

I only used a heating core once or twice but I like the nails much better. This is how do it now.
Very beautiful cake. I use Sharon's icing also, I love it, especially since my husband bought me a cuisinart mixer for christmas. In fact, I have a wedding cake that is due the 29th and I will be using her icing for it also (petal effect). This cake can't be set up until after the wedding (that I am attending) and will have to set in the vehicle for at least 3 hours before I will be able to set it up at the venue.I just got her flower DVDs and I also love them. If I'm...
Darn.........that reminds me. I need to ask my daughter for my dehydrator back.
I just made a wedding topsy turvy cake (see my gallery) that was the same layers as you mention but I also had a 12-13-14 layer as well. I had it calculated as 134 servings. I use the smallest layer of each tier to calculate the servings. The tier sizes you mentioned will serve 78 according to my calculations. If you make just tiers 2 & 3 it will serve 64. If you have the time, I recommend getting the Topsy Turvy DVD that Sharon Zambito (SugarEdProductions) has. It...
Put it in the oven with the light on but the oven turned off. You won't believe how hot it will get in there with just the light on. I have dried flowers made from gumpaste like this when I need it in a hurry.
I agree with Jason. The memory card is not the problem. All the pictures in my gallery are taken with a Canon Rebel (digital) camera. I am by no means a professional but I really like this camera for taking closeup pictures.
If you don't have a heating core you can use flower nails in its place. Spray them with cooking spray and place 2 or 3 in the pan with the base of the nail against the bottom of the pan. I have used it for the last 14" cake I baked
My niece is getting married July 29 at Michigan City, Indiana. I am giving them a wedding cake as our wedding gift. The cake will be 3 tiers (6" white, 10" chocolate, 14" white) decorated with the petal effect icing and sunflower and white rose gumpaste flowers. The ceremony is a beach wedding with the reception following at the Senior Center. I have just been informed by the bride that they have the Senior Center at a special Sunday rate and it is only available from...
When I first got into cake decorating I had a friend ask me to make her daughter's wedding cake. It would have been my first wedding cake except for the fact that someone asked for one a few weeks before this one was due so I had a 3-tier to practice with.The friends cake turned out to be a 5-tier but I took a different approach to it since she wanted to use the Wilton Globe set. I have attached the picture of the finished...
I use Betty Crocker cake mixes. One box mix, 1/2 cup water, 4 egg whites (or whole eggs if using chocolate), 1/3 cup oil, 1 cup sour cream and 1 3 oz box instant pudding (I use white chocolate for white cake to keep the cake white but cheesecake would also work)