Posts by kimbm04r

Check you messages, I just sent them to you.
I have the Sugarpaste in Bloom, Beautiful Blossoms (volume 1).  It is from Sharon Zambito (Sugaredproductions) and it shows how to make sunflowers including the dusting.  I used this video when I made the Sunflower wedding cake in my profile picture and gallery.  Great video.
I have subscribed to several of the classes. Just saw the Bejeweled and the Piece of Cake and was trying to decide which one to order. Now I see they have an orchid class. Decisions, decisions, but I bet the orchid class will win the first go around.
The cake I linked you to was the very first cake I decorated. It has Hydrangeas that are made with white gumpaste then colored with petal dust (eggplant) and steamed to set the color. I believe I used 2 or 3 containers of petal dust to color these but if you start with a gumpaste that is tinted close to what you want you will use less petal dust.That is what I did on the Sunflowers, I started with a light yellow gumpaste and add layers of different colors of petal dust to...
You can also use the eggplant petal dust and dry dust it on and when finished steam them. It sets the color and will look great. I do that with all of my flowers.Like this one, or the sunflower wedding cake in my gallery.http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1472020/first-official-cake
I use Betty Crocker on all my cakes and all my customer rave about how moist they always are, white, chocolate, butter pecan, what ever flavor I am working with.For white cakes, I use 4 egg whites, 1/2 cup water, 1/3 cup canola oil and 1 cup sour cream for each box of mix. For other flavors I use 4 whole eggs. I used to add a small box of instant pudding but I was having a hard time getting them to back properly so I decided that I didn't need the pudding because I was...
I agree with Elcee. That would be absolutely gorgeous.
I subscribe to several of their classes. A while back I saw them on facebook advertising a 50% off sale and was trying to sign up for three of them when I got one at half price and the second came across at full price. I contacted them telling them what happened and what three classes I was trying to sign up for. They corrected it right away by adding the third class to my profile. Great customer service, fast replies.
They are really easy to make but time consuming as mentioned earlier. Just remember that it take a LOT of them. When you think you have enough make 50% more.
and they only fit one size pan. The Wilton bake even stripes can work on all size pans if you get the bag of 4.