Posts by kimbm04r

She actually had the nerve to call me EVIL, imagine that. She told them at work that it wasn't over. Keep the guesses coming. Will reveal the "real" cake Sunday for all interested.Thanks for the comments thus far.
As you may recall, in May my daughter tricked me into making my own birthday cake saying it was for a friend at work and had everyone at work involved in the surprise so I wouldn't get wise to her scheme. She surprised me with it at a party she had for me. I told her that I would make a cake for her to take to work sometime since they never got to taste the cake she tricked me into making. Well yesterday was her birthday and where she works has a party once a month for...
I am not sure what name brand I have, but I got it from Walmart. It measures in ounces, grams, pounds and has a tare function. It has a glass top to it, I am not sure how much it will weight but I know I have weighted 4 pounds of powdered sugar and not maxed it out. I even put my KA bowl on it and set the tare and weight out the shortening (2 pounds) for 4 batches of Wilton Class Buttercream.
I have no idea how much I had in it because I had to rebake both cakes because I had problems with both of them at different times. The dummy cake was a 14". We make our own dummy cakes from a sheet of styrofoam from Menards so it only costs a few cents to make the dummy itself. I think I will probably increase my charge for the flowers to around $2 per calla and maybe $.75 to $1 for the stephanotis. I had originally purchased an SPS system to assemble this cake but...
Thanks everyone. This cake came about because of a referral by someone I go to church with (I take a cake to church each month for the birthdays of the month). I got a friend request on FB and it turned out to be this bride asking me to make her wedding cake. She saw the calla lillies that I have posted on FB and she wanted those on her wedding cake. She gave the colors and stacked construction and said that after seeing pictures of my cake, she trusted me and gave me...
Hi all. Delivered this today. This is my very first wedding cake. The wedding is to be really small and the bride only needed it to serve 35 people so I made it like this to give the looks of a full size wedding cake. The bottom tier is a dummy cake and the middle tier is a 10" yellow cake.She wanted red callas with ivory accents because her dress is ivory and her bouquet is red and ivory callas. This is what I came up with. The cake topper has 36 callas and 15...
I hope it's only the heating element. The broiler element won't come on either. DH thinks it may be the controls because the broiler doesn't work either. Does anybody else have an electric range that has this problem as well?
Thanks, but I can't take the full credit for it. My hubby suggested that I try the roaster. Now to sneak a lemon cake in it for him tomorrow.
My Dad absolutely loves Spice cake with whip cream so I thought I would make him a spice cake with IndyDebi's buttercream icing. I made the icing a couple days ago and tonight I turned the oven on to preheat it while I was eating dinner. Went back about 30 minutes later and the oven NEVER heated up, the cook top worked fine (cooked dinner on it) but the oven will not come on. So what can I do to bake this cake, can't go to Mom's to bake it, Dad is there. I got out my...
Does anybody have one? I need to make one this week if I can find it. I have checked a few ploymer clay books and online but can't find anything. Thanks in advance.