Posts by kimbm04r

I have a request to make a birthday cake for a 17 year old boy that likes to watch Cage Fighting. Does anybody have a suggestion on how to go about this? I am thinking about using a hexagon pan for the cake and putting a cage on top of it but I am not sure how to go about making the cage. Any suggestions would be appreciated. TIA.
I would suggest the Shedd Aquarium. I have never been to it but one of my kids have with his family and they said it is great. I have always wanted to go but haven't made it there yet.
You are one special customer. I have a funny feeling that she appreciates you just as much as you appreciate her.
I made this over the weekend for my parents 60th Wedding Anniversary.Four tiers.........top Spice cake made from doctored white cake mix (Dad's favorite), next tier Butter pecan cake, next german chocolate w/ coconut pecan filling (Mom's favorite), and bottom tier white cake. All iced and filled with buttercream with the exception of the german chocolate. Royal icing swirls in ivory and blue.The top of the cake is a butter pecan cake that I carved to look like a car. I...
I need some patterns from the 2010 and the 2011 yearbooks. I have ordered the pattern books for the years 2009-2011 but I am afraid I won't get them in time for what I need.Does anybody have the patterns for all the Bride and Grooms as well as the "attendants" on pages 90 & 91 of the 2011 yearbook and the patterns for "A Glorious Ascent" on page 71 of the 2010 yearbook that you could email to me? mkimball53@hughes.netThanks in advance.
I have been asked to make a cake for our next (a year from now) family reunion on my husbands side of the family. They have asked me if I could do one utilizing the Caerlaverock Castle and/or the family crest. Here is a link to a few photos of the Castle. Any body have any idea to go about making a cake in this fashion? ...
I agree with TexasSugar. That said, I make birthday cakes for ALL of my children and grandchildren as their birthday gifts. My daughter asked me to make a Bus Cake for her MIL's birthday this summer and I believe she had every intention of paying me since she asked me how much she owed me when I delivered it. I told that whatever she thought was fair was fine with me. I have yet to see the money but I have a funny feeling she has forgotten all about it but I don't...
I bought a 4' x 8' sheet of 2" thick styrofoam insulation from Menard's for around $20.00 and my husband cuts it to the size I need and then glue or tape them together to make them 4" thick. You can get several "cakes" from each sheet. My husband has even hollowed them out and filled them with sand and sealed them with tape before putting together to give them the actual feel of a real cake. Check out the post linked, I have a picture of an acual cake and then a fake...
Couldn't get the picture to post here. Here is a link to my FB photos.http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?pid=344881&id=100000317984752&ref=fbx_album
This is a 14", 10" and 6" Globe Pillar/Base construction that I did this weekend. I tried to post the pictures here but it won't let me.http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?pid=344881&id=100000317984752&ref=fbx_album