Posts by QueenofTartsCakes

Hi,These are used frequently to border or wrap around cakes and look stunning. I see them used by UK based cake decorators who can buy them online in England, but in the US I can only find chocolate SHAVINGS or tiny curls which won't work. I am trying to avoid making them myself (time consuming). They come in dark and white chocolate and I need them about 3"-4" high each.I attached an example of what white chocolate curls look like but I am making mine all the same height...
Hi,Do you mean a chocolate 3 dimensional mold and then handpainted with a brush?
Hello everyone,I'm trying to find out how to make these birds. I think they are hand sculpted with fondant and then a veining tool is used to give them texture..but how are they painted? Thank you.
Hi,I baked a 12" round, 3 layer cake today and frosted in a Toba Garret Decorator Buttercream recipe, using a 5 qt mixer. It was very tasty yet there were so many air bubbles on the surface of my cake, I had an impossible time trying to get the glass-like surface I wanted. I'm going to try Sugarshack's recipe but I'm not crazy about using Coffeemate in my buttercream. I will, however give it a try but I really don't want to get locked into just ONE buttercream...
I live in Long Beach, CA and am just starting out in cake, cookie and cupcake baking/decorating. I would like to find a commercial kitchen to rent, whether it's a shared incubator type of commercial kitchen that rents to individuals just starting out, or restaurants that will let me rent per day when they are closed for business so that I can use their facilities. CA doesn't allow home baking. I only get orders periodically so I only need a kitchen perhaps a few days a...
What city and state are you living in? This may help to answer some of your questions.
Thank you! I saw the Wilton mini ball cupcake muffin pan today. I am going to buy it and make these!
Hi,I love making cupcakes and would like to get a headstart practicing how to make cupcakes that look like real Xmas ornaments...they need to be just as round and domed as a real round glass ornament. I plan on using luster dust on probably royal icing or fondant on top of the dome, but how do I get a real round dome effect sticking halfway out of the top of the paper liner so that it has the shape of a real glass ball? Is there a ball mini cake pan I should bake in and...