Posts by wittylorrie

WHEW!!!!! Thank you all!! What an amazing community you all are.OK.....I might have exaggerated the amount in the 16" It was 10 of those smooth plastic dowels made to go inside the cake. The 14" had 8, the 12 had 6 and the 8 had 4"I wrapped the cardboard in foil because it was exposed on each tier where that missing slice was. It showed.I understand the concept of Swiss cheese with the dowels but they were pretty thin and there seemed to be plenty of cake in between but it...
I'm sitting here with such sadness and tears filling up as I type.Scenario: Client comes to me with a photo of a cake by Colette Peters. It's a cake with missing slices that have been sealed with fondant to look like you are seeing the inside of the cake. I was very hesitant as it was 5 tiers and I was concerned but I accepted the order. It was stacked.16" base 4" high, 14", 12, 8 and 6". Fantasy sugar flowers throughout the cake. 16" & 14" were a dense yellow with almond...
Yea its always a good thing when stuff happens and all of the sudden it can he the backside...Yea on hide and seek! I will try the Crisco next time. What do you do to shine it up a bit. I did notice that when I went to wipe away some spots with a wet brush it dried shiny? So maybe wipe the whole thing down with a little damp cloth to shine flat colors? I always stress out when I know I have to work with colored fondant. Thanks again Cat.Wittylorrie
Amen Cat!! Bad Fondant days are the best way to either loose hair or turn the dark grey!! But when you have good days with the MMF it's glorious! May I ask you a question? I have had to use Red twice in the last week. The Fondant car I just posted was Friday. How do you keep the stuff from cracking in place? I covered my cake and it was fine but as it dried it started getting fine cracks and some lighter areas where it cracked. If you even touch it it cracks. I might add...
Hi.... MMF or any Fondant is always can be a hit and miss situation(lol) I have days where it slides on without a hitch and other times it behaves horribly!The more color you add the softer it gets. Tinting it definitely changes the chemistry of the fondant. Sometimes when going for dark or really bright your better off buying it already tinted. The best way I believe is to airbrush color on untinted fondant. Your best bet is to not roll out the Fondant to thin. That will...
I made a Coca Cola can out of pre-tinted Red fondant. Turned out great, I free handed the script and then filled it in with gel based white paint. What a mess! It would appear even when I started then it would separate and streak. I went over it 3 times and still the same results. To make matters worse the red tint on the fondant bled through and made the white pink.What do the pros use to paint on tinted fondant that coats evenly? I tried the pen's and they were useless...
I received my 1st edition yesterday. I ate my dinner, took my shower, prepared my herbal tea, slipped into bed, put my reading glasses on and was immersed in your fabulous new venture! So well done! So beautifully laid out, your photographs were fantastic, the articles exceeded any other cake magazine. You should be very proud. I sooo look forward to the next edition.Thank you for making my Friday night so relaxing and enjoyable.Lorrie ( It's The Icing On The Cake)