Posts by zinger60

Thanks for the link! I did look at that previously. I'm thinking the only problem with using her recipe is that my bride and groom want something that tastes like ganache on the cake. In the link, she is just using bacically thinned out chocolate. I think it would be a much different taste. If I could just find out how to get the ganache to set up firmer, that would be ideal.
The reception will be inside but I'm not sure yet about the a/c situation. A couple of your replys brought up a couple more questions. Is there a way to make the ganache firmer and stand up better if it is a less than ideal situation? What kind of cake would make a firmer cake?
Are some kind better (more sturdy) than others? I heard somewhere that the one at Bed, Bath and Beyond were not very sturdy compared to ones at asian markets and restaurant supply stores. How would you tell the best ones?
I have heard alot about people using them but not sure what benefits would be of using these instead of dowels?
I have not delivered a wedding cake in ages so I am wanting to get some advice. I just booked a cake for a June wedding. The wedding starts at 4pm and the reception starts at 6pm. The wedding is going to be outdoors next to where the reception is going to be. I would like to set up the cake at 5pm, an hour before the reception. They want me to set it up before the wedding, which means I would set it up at 3pm and being that they are going to have dinner at the...
I have a wedding cake to make in June. It is 3 tier stacked right on top of each other and they want buttercream frosting with ganache poured on top and drizzled partway down the sides. The cake will be set up about 3 hours before the reception. I am concerned with the ganache being too soft and maybe melting. Is there a way to make it so that it firms up more? I mix my chocolate with heavy cream but have heard some people use half cream and half vegetable oil? What...
The only place I can find it local is GFS and they only sell the vanilla
I had read somewhere on here that you can add chocolate pudding and milk to Bettercreme. I know you don't have to refrigerate Bettercreme but if you add the milk to it, does that mean it must be refrigerated?
I have a woman who wants me to do a wedding cake for her. The cake is a three tiered stacked cake with buttercream frosting. She wants some kind of chocolate poured on it so it runs partway down the sides of each cake. I have never seen a cake like that before. Any suggestions on what to use? I have thought of ganache(, which I have never used before), I have thought of warming up store bought chocolate frosting or maybe using almond bark mixed with chocolate. It...
Anyone have any idea of where I would find directions for making a cupcake tree stand? I found some ideas on the internet for making one out of cake dummies and cake boards but I am wanting to make one out of wood so it would be very sturdy and possibly making to to fold up to store when not in use.