Posts by TheBaketress

I have a phone interview Thursday afternoon with a person from Wilton and we shall see where it goes from there. I have already submitted photos of my work and got great feedback from her, fingers crossed!!!Thanks a bunch 4 all the well wishes
talking about the ones who work at Michaels and such...
YAY!!!!! Hey ladies... its been a while since I've been on here but got some amazzzing news and you are the 1st people i thought of to share with...I am in the final stages of becoming a Wilton Cake Instructor!!!I know its probably not that WOW, but I am very excited for the opportunity and wanted to put it out there...Has anyone ever worked for them before, any tips, advice you could lend me???TIA
I THOUGHT I READ SOMEWHERE TO BE CAREFUL ABOUT HOW FAR IN ADVANCE TO MAKE CHOCOLATE COVERED PRETZELS BECAUSE THE CHOCOLATE CAN DRY THEM OUT AND MAKE THEM STALE FASTER... CAN SOMEONE TELL ME IF I AM RIGHT??? IF I AM, HOW LONG IN ADVANCE DO U RECOMMEND DOING IT?
hey everyone!!! so i was browsing my local craigslist adds last week and i came across one looking for a cake decorator! i emailed them, they called me, i called back... lots of tag! well... i emailed them again last night and they will be calling me today to set up an interview and to look at my portfolio!!!!!the 2 women who run and operate it are both self taught... just like me does anyone have any advice for me before i go there? anything i should def be aware...
ok so i think i came up with something last night... lemme kno wat u guys think???ok so... the cake is for 3 bartenders that work at a REALLY high class restaurant in the hamptons. (my mother-in-law is the manager there and is trying for me to do this to add to my portfolio).Ok i wanted it to look nice, but still very fun (on the invite it says celebrate a cumulative 90 years of nonsense, so not hoity toity) im gonna do a 3 tier topsy turvy with each individuals age they r...
i have just been asked to do 3 birthdays that are combined and they are all bartenders (and it the ages all add up to 90). im just comming up short on thinking creatively today... the sketch needs to be handed in tomorrow!!!! Can someone please help?
ok so i am totally new to cookies!!! i have been making custom cakes for almost 1 year now, and completely self taught! I bought the most adorable princess taira cookie cutter to use to make my daughter's 2nd birthday "treat" bags... my question is how do i make sure my cookie dough stays in the desired shape whil baking??? i made 1 batch of them and it looks like a fist giving the middle finger!!!! Someone please help!!!!!!!! TIA
too bad its super cold here... like between the 20s and 30s!!! so not kidding!!!! i couldve sworn whipped ganache needs to stay refrigerated!?! the wedding is not until sat and it has to be able to stay out till then...
whats the difference with the ganache i made to put on the outside under the fondant??? does that have to be refrigerated?