Posts by Nanny1620

I uploaded a wedding cake I did for a country shabby chic wedding.  When the bride first requested it, I was like "What??"  but after searching the internet and seeing some pics it really grew on me.  For this cake I used lace, burlap(that makes the country part, LOL) and satin ribbon.  Because the lace was going to touch the icing, I cut a strip of wax paper little less wide than the lace and wrapped that aroung each tier first.
Want to know if anyone has tried the cake stacking system from cakestackers.com? They have stainless steel plates that screw onto a main support pole with stainless steel dowels that go into each tier. It is suppose to make the cake very stable and will not fall, they even have a system that will allow you to hang cakes upside down. Just want to know if anyone out there has tried this and what did you think about how it worked. I am considering ordering but wanted some...
I have done many wedding cakes with fresh flowers. I have made the arrangements for the top myself and also done by a florist as well. The top arrangement can be made using a very shallow small plastic bowl. (Have used the disposable ones made by rubbermaid) You can buy the foam oasis that you can wet and insert flowers into that. The arrangement must hang over the bowl, use fillers such as greenery and babys breath. I sometimes scoop out some of the top cake to hide...