Posts by jewels710

1. I ALWAYS insist on delivering my own cakes. I will make exception for non-tiered cakes though.   2. I also like to travel with my cakes very well chilled. Makes them much more sturdy for traveling. Sounds like by the time they get it back to the party and serve it, it will be back to room temp.
You say you dont have a case because there is no paper trail, then start making one. Email her, you ordered xxx cake, for xxx date for an agreed preice of xxx amount to be paid in 3 installments, then list the first installment and the date it was paid. Then list balance due.   BLIND CC Yourself on the email. When she repsonds with her excuse, you have begun your paper trail. If she does not respond, send the same again, add a note that a late fee will be added for...
Question, do you allow your cakes to settle before you put the fondant on? It sounds like the bubbles are coming from air pockets within the cake itsself, not with the actual fondant. The fondant is heavy enough that its weighing down the cake, forcing the air bubbles out and since they have no escape, they cause a bubble. There is an easy solution to this... Once your cakes are filled, set them off to the side and allow them to settle.I place a cake round on top of...
Common sense thinking behind this will make this sound very odd but I was taught this by a professional decorator and it really works:   To get a rich red, start with pink food coloring. Then once you get a deep pink, start adding red. Youll wind up using a lot less color this way. I know a lil red added to white is pink (the common sense part) but trust me here, use pink coloring first.   I used this method to make the red fondant for my elmo cake topper and...
So NOT happy with this new design layout. NOT user friendly at all and now I frequent the site a lot less. So sad.  
This look can also be accomplished by icing the entire cake smooth and using the tip of a round end spatula and a turntable to create the grooves.
Tackle this just like you would a tiered cake.3 or 4" up from the bottom - where ever one of your layers is- put in dowels or fat soba straws and use a cake board and stack up the rest of the layers on that. You are just stacking 4" cakes on top of 4" cakes instead of say 6", 9" & 12" tiers...You can still center dowel if you feel the need but with support from the bottom half you should be good to go!Good Luck
I have a request from a Bride who lives in & was married in Texas. She is having a reception here in Michigan this fall and is trying to "re-create" her Texas reception here as close as possible.The MOB (I know these people) called me to do the cake.This is what was described to me...It was a white cake with real strawberries mashed all up inside it. Bits of berries. But the cake she said had to have food coloring in it because it was a deep pink, almost red color (But NOT...
I have seen the trunk of the palm trees done with rolo chocolate candies prob stacked on a dowel I am guessing, with fondant leaves. Here is the cake...good luck. http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2336267/surfs-up
I use the pearl spray from county kitchen sweet art. Works great.