Posts by sweettooth101

I make a  Strawberry flan/pie with shortcrust pastry, baked blind .Fill first with a thin layer of cooled boston cream, Then arrange fresh sliced strawberries, over that goes a fruit glaze. I usually buy the ready packets of glaze but have made it when out of it by boiling  arrow root powder with water, add food color and strawberry essence.Spread over the strawberries. Allow to set overnight, decorate with fresh cream whipped until stiff, sweetened. Pipe on flan/pie.
It is a peony, if you don't have cutters check out my tutorial  http://cakecentral.com/a/inexpensive-cutters-roses-peony-calla-lily You will find more detailed tutorials on you tube, god luck.
Did you use bicarbonate of soda? Not mixed well can cause this.
Congratulations, love the name,color and logo. Wishing you a prosperous future in your new venture.
I use milk (sometimes cream) instead of water and maybe your butter might not be enough. 
I have delivered so many cakes assembled at home using the wilton wooden dowels  but like you recently I read a thread here and someones cake didn't hold up. A lot of readers were confident with bubble tea straws. I have an order for a 4 tier cake in a month and am going to try the straws.
Those are gumpaste flowers. Search  on you tube gumpaste flowers and a whole lot will come up. You will need some cutters. I make my gumpaste, you might find the recipe in one of my posts. HTH.
I used to have the same problem with chiffon cakes, sometimes they would sink and sometimes I got lucky, couldn't figure out why but now that I use this method I don't have any more sunk cakes. As soon as it comes out of the oven I place a cling wrap across the cake only covering the center. The  both sides of cling wrap should remain open to allow steam out and not create a vacuum and then flip the pan resting onto two spoons or some kind of prop to hold the pan a little...
You did a wonderful job. What size are your cakes? I have to do square ones in a month too and like you I prefer rounds.I have been watching cup a dee's you tube tutorial to get some ideas.
I agree with MaurorLess67 , that would be a way of doing it. Marina sousa has a class on craftsy where she uses that method but it is on fondant. http://www.craftsy.com/class/jeweled-wedding-cakes/141?_ct=sbqii-jxucu-byij-ycw&_ctp=5&_egg=sekhiu_wqbbuho_20131031&_ege=141