Posts by KsCakes09

How do bakeries doctor up Bulk mixes?  I mean if you want to make a white chocolate raspberry, or banana or lemon blueberry cupcakes for example. How would you go about knowing how much to add since the base is different from the box mix you get at the grocery store where you have to add eggs, water & oil.  Thanks for any help.
I have a request for a wedding cake for an OUTSIDE June wedding (weather could be anywhere from 70 to 90 degrees).  Dilema is she would really like buttercream, but I'm nervous because the reception is outside & the cake will be sitting out. Now if its a hot summer (who know in New England) I'm afraid the buttercream will not hold up.  I've already warned her of my concern & suggested fondant (I make Edna's MMF recipe - yummy) but she was hesitant because they don't think...
First time making cake pops & BOY I never dreamed it would be this difficult!!  I'm having trouble with cracking & leaking oil.  I haven't made a single one that hasn't cracked.  I've tried fridge method, freezer method, no chill method, nothing seems to prevent cracking.  Maybe its how I'm rolling them??  Some say if you roll it too tight they will crack...how do you NOT roll them tight?  If I try to not roll them tight the cake seems to have cracks & I'm afraid the...
Thanks Ellavanilla!  Do you know the dimensions of just your kitchen area?  I don't plan on doing any build outs, I want to go into a space & use the space that's there just modify walls & such.  The kitchen area is whats concerning me.  I want make sure I have enough working space & room to move around.  Not to mention a spot for a large cooler to store cakes,  & butter, milk, eggs ect., ovens, racks, shelving...  I've seen some photos online of bakery kitchens & it...
What is a good square footage for a storefront retail/bake shop?  I would like to sell custom cakes, wedding cakes as well as ready to sell cakes, cupcakes, cookies, brownies ect., some dipped chocolates.  I would also like to carry some supplies (fondant, tools etc. for cake making as well as chocolate molding supplies).  I've looked at a couple of locations & am having a hard time visualizing how much space I'll need.   How big should the kitchen be?  should it be...
I bought a Cannon MP620 from Walmart for about $90 (was a few years ago -can't remember exactly, but it was under $100).  I ordered edible ink from Icing Images that fit that printer (on their website it will tell you which cartridges go with what printer).  There are so many different printers you can buy at a local store (Walmart, Staples, Target ...etc) that have edible ink cartridges that fit them, just make sure you look on the website of a supplier of edible inks...
Why do some recipes call for 1 Tablespoon of vinegar & some call for only 1 teaspoon of vinegar??  What is it that the vinegar does to the batter?  why such a difference?  Any help would be great.
Thanks
any suggestions on which way to go as far as LLC or Incorporate. I read a lot that says they are very similar but when it comes to taxes, yearly paperwork (shareholders, minutes) LLC is better. What do you all think with your experiences?
can anyone give suggestion on a list of equipment needed to start up a small cake, cupcake shop? How many cake pans should you have? mixers? work tables? cupcake pans etc. Anyone know if there is a website that helps out with this info? Thanks!