Posts by TotallyBaked

Ever have a 'duh' moment?
Doing this naked cake, and am wondering if the scalloped edges on the top of each tier would be better done with a spatula or a #127 tip. Thanks in advance!
Thank you all (: I'll keep on my same trek, then! We're not margarine consumers, either, and I was a little shocked by what I had read, but since multiple folks were saying the same, figured I'd ask you pros here at CC
So which do you use? I make fudge every year, same classic recipe from Jet-Puffed Marshmallow Creme. Most of the time I use butter, and I can't recall a time I used margarine, but have read several folks do and prefer it. What route do y'all take? Thanks!
So, this isn't my first cake ball cake, but it is my first one I've done using RKT instead of WASC, and I'm traveling 100 miles for delivery, so I have a few questions... 1.Should I use short pop sticks or toothpicks? I used toothpicks previously, and I think I remember wishing I had used something sturdier, but then again, it was cake and this will be RKT which is sturdier. 2.If I use sticks, should I dip and dry the pops on the sticks, or stick the sticks into the rkt...
No, the dowels aren't all different lengths, each was measured with a ruler and cut to size...   It was covered in ganache, then fondant.  No buttercreme between, just as filling   The cake didn't fall after just being assembled for 10 minutes... It fell apart after 6 hours and 10 minutes.  They had me deliver it at 8, and the party started at 2.   The ribbon was added after the entire cake was stacked... not evenly around the base of each tier.  I did this...
No, there wasn't any melting or heat issues at all on the way, sorry if I worded the time line wrong... nothing was melty at all till I started unpacking the cakes and assembling. It's an illusion, not true topsy turvy. And no, I don't typically refrigerate my cakes at all, it was just so hot and humid in the venue.
Hi, all!   I've had my first boo-boo after 4 years of my home-based business...  This topsy turvy cake was iced in ganache and then covered in buttercreme.  The hostess wanted me to set up the day before, but I assured her that it was much too humid for it to sit overnight at the venue (we're in East Texas), She had me come the day of the event 6 hours before it started, and as soon as I got to the venue, I could tell the humidity was working against me.  It was 78...
Thanks! No, not wanting to use a viva to smooth ganache... Also, if using white chocolate, change the ratio to 3:1, right?
Okay, so I'm not new to caking, but I am new to using ganache.  I've used it once in the past, in pourable form and loved the richness of it.  I'm wondering about using whipped ganache, though, instead of buttercreme to ice a cake.  *Not under fondant*  Everything I've read about replacing buttercreme with ganache is in reference to it being under fondant.  I'm just wondering how this would do in place of a Viva smoothed buttercreme cake.   Any suggestions?  Thanks...