Posts by anxeli

True, if she doesn't help and doesn't pay she can't choose the designs. I think minis are plain crazy, first because of the quantity, second because of the age of the guests. What is the rest of the menu btw, is it sophisticated or teenage favorites - pizza, fries, burgers ? I think you should do big cuppies, uncomplicated - with some ganache and sprinkles or sheets. With funding and with helpers! If your mom dreams minies, make a dozen for her birthday .
Please check my Christmas Eve cake tutorial :Thank you, everyone !http://www.flickr.com/photos/31289853@N08/sets/72157623239872554/detail/
Maybe they will strip a Wallmart sheet, cut it, cover it and stack it, forget the topsy-curvy ... Forget it, if the price fits them ... They will serve it and eat it, not you ....
Yes, that's a good question, for a novice is a mystery how long will a display dummy cake look good and when does it turn looking like a mummified wedding cake ? 3mts? 6mts? Just one ?
Thanks !
Under the fondant or on top? You don't have to substitute butter for crisco, because you trade good taste for bad also , just try 3/1 butter/crisco, last time i piped it on cupcakes, ot holds pretty good, bur it was inside, under the sun even crisco wil melt ...So try 125 g crisco and the rest butter in your recipe, I think I got it from Toba Garrett's site, holds good autside the fridge.
You worry to much ! There is so much time until aug 1, make a small coffee cake and cover it half with fondant half with buttercream, sprinkle buttercream with graham crumbs and brown sugar, sponge fondant with gold or smear piping gel an then crumbs and sugar again. While you are playing you may get some better ideas ... Then invite your friend over and ask her to choose the look .... Have fun !
I wouldn't advise that . Red, black, imagine the condense, I am not leaving that overnight in the fridge, let along freeze it ... I freese only the actual cake, wrapped. You can freeze the cake&cream, sealed with buttercream, I guess, but not the whole decorated cake ...
I wouldn't advise that . Red, black, imagine the condense, I am not leaving that overnight in the fridge, let along freeze it ... I freese only the actual cake, wrapped. You can freeze the cake&cream, sealed with buttercream, I guess, but not the whole decorated cake ...