Posts by kaydee1011

My Dad's Aunt...famous for her angel food cakes...always wiped out her mixing bowl and baking pan with vinegar.  She swore that the vinegar removed any traces of grease.  I never noticed it leaving a taste on the cake.  I don't know if that will eliminate your problem, but it couldn't hurt to try. 
Personally, I think the reason so many people in the south love red velvet cake is the Cream Cheese Icing! I have several friends who would eat a brick if it was covered with cream cheese icing.
I love the French Vanilla, Dark Chocolate Fudge and Golden Butter. Of course, I use LOTS of Classic White. My hubby is a big fan of the Red Velvet, I like to use the Pineapple for my Pina Colada Bundt Cake, I sub pineapple juice and rum for the water and coat the bundt pan with shredded coconut, adding coconut pudding to the mix. It's yummy!
I have colored cream cheese frosting without any problem. I have also made chocolate cream cheese frosting by adding melted bittersweet chocolate to my regular cream cheese frosting, adding a small amount of powdered sugar if it gets too thin.
Photos of my fruit and chocolate decorated cheesecakes were deleted because they did not conform to the criteria. This stung a little, but okay, if that's the rules. Then I find photos of cheesecakes added AFTER my photos were deleted. Not cool...I replied to the private message I received informing me that my photos were deelted asking for an explanation, but still have not received a reply. If cheesecake photos aren't allowed (which is what I was told) then there...
I have NEVER done this with a layer cake. I have done it with a "snack" type cake. I don't know if you're old enough to remember SnackinCakes...some mix that made an 8x8 cake in flavors like apple spice and banana walnut. Anyway...I have used canned pie filling with one box of cake mix and 3 eggs, no other ingredients and baked in 13x9 pan, baked regular time at 350. Our favorite is gingerbread cake mix with apple pie filling, however, I cut the eggs back to 2 because...
I've done some sort of cookie/candy tray as gifts for years. It's a great way for me to share something I love with friends and family. One year my brother paid me to make fudge tins for his customers. I was able to get the aluminum foil pans with the clear snap on lid from the bakery department at Winn Dixie. Using a marshamllow creme fudge recipe, I made up 150 pounds of fudge, pouring the hot fudge into indiviual containers, and then wrote a holiday message in royal...
I've done cakes with alcohol before....simply substituted liquer for all or part of the liquid in a cake mix...Raspberry liquer or Grand Marnier in chocolate cake is especially yummy. Not sure what "flavor" would compliment Red Velvet
I usually line my springform pan with a circle of parchment paper before putting my crust down. Then it just slides right off the bottom of the pan, of course, you do still have the parchment on the bottom of the cheesecake, but I haven't found that to be a huge problem. We just cut the cheesecake normally and the slices usually just peel away from the bottom, similar to using a parchment round under a layer cake.
I usually line my springform pan with a circle of parchment paper before putting my crust down. Then it just slides right off the bottom of the pan, of course, you do still have the parchment on the bottom of the cheesecake, but I haven't found that to be a huge problem. We just cut the cheesecake normally and the slices usually just peel away from the bottom, similar to using a parchment round under a layer cake.