Posts by gatorcakes

Thank you!!
I'm a mom making cakes for my kids since my son has a very severe egg allergy. So, anytime we get invited to a party or gathering, I make cake for the kids. Here's my issue: they almost always fall in the middle. I'm afraid if I cook them much more, I'll be serving cardboard cake. Any ideas on how I can fix this? I'm working on a Winnie the Pooh cake for my daughter's birthday party and it looks like Winnie was deflated. Thanks,Brenna
I'm going to attempt a Red Velvet cake and am unsure what kind of filling will be good. I will be covering the cake with fondant. Any ideas?
Make the snowman, I think he's pretty okay. However, he is "melting" or looks like he is. I'm sure this is a dumb question: should I have combined something into the fondant? It must be the weight causing him to squish, but I'm not sure what to do about that. (Thank you for the Mars bar idea, I need to look into that)
Do I need to do anything special to make sure my fondant snowman keeps standing upright? Should I push a skewer or something through him? He only needs to be about 3 inches tall, nothing huge or fancy. Thanks!
Fantastic! I'm making a gingerbread cake house with chocolate buttercream. I need the royal for decorating the cookies accents and house with more icing (you can never have too much icing). I appreciate the help.
I need to make royal icing that is totally egg-free (no powder, yolks, nothing). Does anyone know how to do that? It is for a gingerbread house cake and I'm making decorations on the doors, windows and icicles.
That is a beautiful cake. I would only be sad to be on cake wrecks if I couldn't spell. Which I can't, so I guess I should keep only making cakes for my children. They can't read
Try looking for Vegan Recipes, that will at least take out all the dairy. And, you could try using rice or almond milk for the liquid instead of soy milk. I use Crisco in buttercream because my daughter cannot have dairy. I haven't tried the vegan "butter" yet. Good luck, HTH
Try looking for Vegan Recipes, that will at least take out all the dairy. And, you could try using rice or almond milk for the liquid instead of soy milk. I use Crisco in buttercream because my daughter cannot have dairy. I haven't tried the vegan "butter" yet. Good luck, HTH