Posts by angelogoo

I made and used Ganache for the very first time this past weekend and I think i am a convert now...except for the price!!! I am in the Uk and as i couldnt find any labelled HEAVY CREAM..i bought the double cream and it worked fine with the dark chocolate i used even though overnight it set too hard and i had to heat it up in the microwave to use it and by the time i finished applying it on the cake, it had set solid as well.All in all, it took me well more time than BC...
Hi all,Just saw this in Amazon. Pls see link http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000R5DT1U/ref=pe_46031_24922411_pe_epc_t6IT LOOKS SO GOOD WITH ALL THE ADDED ATTACHMENTS, TRYING TO TALK MYSELF INTO NOT BUYING ONE!!! WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK?
I got long nails too and they grow very fast and everyone compliments me on them even without nail polish so I am sad to wear them really short even though it makes sense to as i tend to dig into the fondant often with them.Now, I suspect I have RSI (repetitive Strain injury) in both wrists, they ache constantly especially when I have been busy decorating. Dont get me started on my waist and bach ache after long hours standing...I try to sit as much as I can now while...
Anyone know the difference between the Classic chef and the more expensive Titanium apart from the wattage?
I have one that I covered 4 weeks ago and it still looks brand new. You can rub shortening on it the day before to get it all fresh looking again if you think its looking tired.
its a 4.6litre. Anyone have one of these and how do they find the performance and capacity?Many thanks
I saw a Kenwood chef at my local Costco yesterday for about £240. Has anyone got this and is that a good deal and hows the performance?
I have done both shortening and water on the dummies before laying on the fondant. Both works well. Just ensure you attach the dummy properly or else it moves around like mad especially the smaller sizes.
you can make a long rope with even thickness by rolling out your fondant using the fondant smoothers or even a cake board.
My reaction to this will be to advise the customer that it is very unfair to the other baker in this manner and to pay her for the cake and that I will think carefully if I want anything to do with her in the future but as I have got a contract, I will go ahead and demand that she pays the full price before i turn the oven on for her cake.