Posts by ravnmommy

I know it took me awhile to respond, I've been extremely busy! However, I decided not to say anything to the bride considering it's not in the contract. If she says something upon final payment then I will tell her about my costs, buying in bulk etc. My husband also suggested telling her that all of my receipts are given to our accountant.
In response to my ingredients costing approx $30, I just want to state that my grandmother was a cake decorator and she passed a month ago. She literally had 2 big pantries full of her ingredients, which were obviously all given to me. The only things I am buying is the ingredients for the filling, dowel rods and cake board. Everything else I either had, or obtained from my grandmother's death. So really my only cost is those said ingredients, as well as a LOT of my time...
Will do! Hopefully it goes halfway well!
Thank you! That really helps a lot! Yes the $2 per serving is VERY CHEAP for what she is asking! When I talked to her last night, I had to keep my temperment in check because I just about flew off the handle. Glad I waited and found everyone here to get a better idea of what to say. Thanks to everyone!
Yes she is paying me for the cake, yes she has already paid a deposit. As for pricing, I'm charging her $2 per serving for a 200 serving cake, 4 tiered, covered in fondant with branches and gum paste flowers all over one side from top to bottom. That is a lot of time and effort on the flowers alone. I know that I shouldn't have to justify my pricing as I'm giving her a deal anyway since she is a coworker, the biggest problem for me is how to tell her no, without causing a...
Ok so I am working with my first bride. I got all the specifics on what she wants, and she has gone over it with me 3 times since the initial. She has already signed the contract and so on. However, yesterday she called me (we are coworkers so we talk regularly), and she mentioned in random conversation that she wanted me to get receipts for everything that I purchased....just to ensure that everything is "fair". I was so in shock, as we all know, our ingredients are just...