Posts by DMJ69

Thanks. I can put the decorations on about an hour before pick up and just remove the cake an hour earlier from the fridge.
I have been unable to find an answer to this question.I have a 2 tier cake due with perishable fillings. The cake will be covered in traditional buttercream with fondant decorations and 3d gumpaste figures. I know not to refridgerate the gumpaste but I'm not sure about the fondant decorations that will be flat around the cake. Will it be ok to refridgerate the cake with the fondant decorations than remove it an hour or 2 before adding the gumpaste figures? Or would it be...
I just did a grafitti cake last week. What I did was go onto google search and type in grafitti letters and found some that I liked and printed them out. I than made templates and used them to cut out my fondant. You can also get numbers by typing in grafitti numbers. I would cut the numbers out thicker which would give them a 3D look. I also made the cake look like a brick wall to make it look like grafitti painted on the wall. HTH
I need to make a FBCT for a cake due Friday but they do not want traditional buttercream or anything sweet. They would like all SMBC. Can I use SMBC for the FBCT? Also can I freeze it for 2 days if I make it by Wed.Thanks
Great tips. Thank you
My husband just bought me an airbrush system for Christmas, but I would like to learn more about airbrushing.Does anyone have any good books or advice that you could recommend?Thanks
I just have to thank all of CC'ers. I have been following this thread for a short time and decided to try cake balls for the first time the other day. I had a left over cake layer so I ended up making a chocolate/peanut butter ball dipped in a swirled peanut butter/chocolate coating. My son and all his friends loved them and can't wait to try the new ones I am making today. I am making a boston cream pie ball. Yellow cake with enough vanilla pudding to bind, than I will...
I have used MMF for baby shoes with no problem. I just let each section dry overnight before I did the next section. In my photos both sets of baby shoes were made out of MMF. HTH
To answer your question about the taste. It taste like a very mild chocolate cake, not over-powering.This is my recipe that I have tweaked over the years. I always get rave reviews.Red Velvet Cake1 Cup Unsalted Butter, softened1½ Cups Sugar2 Eggs2 Tbsp. Cocoa, heaping1 Tbsp. Red Food Coloring1 Tsp. Salt2½ Cups All-Purpose Flour1 Tsp. Baking Soda2 Tsp. Baking Powder1 Tbsp. Vanilla Extract1¼ Cup Buttermilk1 Tbsp. White VinegarPreheat oven to 350.Prepare 2 8” cake pans with...
When I make my carrot cake I cut the raisins in half than toss in a tbsp. of flour and coat the raisins. I find doing this I can get the raisins evenly throughout the cake without them sinking. HTH