Posts by bvwilliams

Thank you, Costumeczar.  Very helpful.
Thanks for the help, Kakeladi.
I've read where some people have hand painted buttercream to get the look of airbrushing.  I don't own an airbrush nor do I know how to use one.  How can you get the same look by painting on buttercream.  I never knew you could do that.  Also, can you get the same look by painting on fondant?  Thanks for any help.
Thanks for the links.  Now I know where to purchase the kit.
Thanks, sugarpuppet. I'll check it out.
Hi everyone.  Does anybody know the best place to buy a 5" stiletto shoe former and heel mold?  The only type of shoe mold that the cake shop in my town sales is a candy mold.  I'm looking for a more realistic shoe and I've seen fabulous photos of gum paste shoes on CC.  I know to get this perfect look they must be using a shoe mold.  Who knows of a reliable/legitimate store or website that sales them?  Has anyone purchased anything from Sugar Delites?   Thanks, BW
Thank you!  
I do not own a food scale to be able weigh out the additional 3 ozs.  Does anyone know what the equivalent would be in tablespoons or cups?  
Does anyone know the technique of how you make different scenes and shapes inside a cake? Would it be similar to the technique used to make polka dots inside a cake by using pre-baked cake balls? I saw a picture of a cake with flowers inside when you cut it. I was just wondering how it was done. Has anyone tried flowers before?
Does anyone know the technique of how you make different scenes and shapes inside a cake? Would it be similar to the technique used to make polka dots inside a cake by using pre-baked cake balls? I saw a picture of a cake with flowers inside when you cut it. I was just wondering how it was done. Has anyone tried flowers before?