Posts by jsc2010

So I'm getting ready to head out this morning to the bank to cash this security deposit check and reorder a new stand when I get a call from the bride. She said she finally got ahold of the caterer this morning and he said that it was possible that they had the stand. She then goes into work after being gone for two weeks, when she opens her office door there on her desk is the cake stand and containers. Needless to say she wasn't happy with her staff because that was the...
well here's the latest...Bride calls this morningto tell me she is very sorry but she doesn't know where the stand or containers are. She has been in a panic looking for them for the past 3 days. She thinks the caterer may have taken them and they are not returning her call...So I'll be cashing her check and having to order a new stand.
cakestyles....yes they own an orchard and restaurant and that is where I delivered the cake to. I'm sure the stand and containers are sitting in a back room. She took off on her honeymoon and forget to make arrangements to get me the stand back. I'm just to easy going with these brides I guess. I just hold a deposit check trusting they will return within the week and I give them the check back. NEVER had a problem before this. I sent her an email. So we'll see.
I know it is at the venue...they own it. but I don't want to take the time to go get it. (50 miles of gas and time)I agree I need to give her one more email and then just cash her check. I have only been doing wedding cake for sale for 2 years so I'm still learning how to deal with these brides. I usually just hold their check. Still bending over backwards for these brides, still working on my confidence level.
I did a wedding cake and four containers of cake pops for a wedding a couple weeks ago. I have in my contract that the equipment needs to be returned within a week or I keep the security deposit. The wedding cake was delivered to the venue which is 50 miles from my location. I thought I would be nice and help the bride out and save her gas and time and told her she could return the equipment to a friends home where I would be the following week. She was so grateful and...
I looked at a box in my store and it is actually 3 oz. less , went from 18.25 oz. to 15.25 oz. but the mix calls for 1 cup of water and 1/2 cup of oil and still 3 eggs. So they've decreased the water but increased the oil and kept the eggs the same. Wonder how this new cake bakes up compared to the old and not sure how it would stand up to being doctored. Maybe give them a call...there's an 800# on the box.
I too was buying Wal-mart brand as it was one of the last with trans fats. Had to switch from Crisco years ago...I knew something was up last fall when my local Wal-mart was out of stock for 2 months. I had purchased cases from other stores to stock up but am now out and bought a can recently and am just disgusted! leah_s where do you buy Alpine? I live in a rural area and our food service distributors are very limited or very expensive. The shipping on some of this...
I too have been extremely frustrated with this change in shortening. I have noticed the shortening I had been using now seems VERY soft and I too use Edna's BC. The adjustment I have made is that I only add 1Tbsp of liquid and it seems to be much better but am still not happy with the consistancy of the shortening. Will be looking for another brand.
I have the 6 qt KA and the paddle does not go down into the bowl as far as it does in the 4 qt. Whenever I make frosting in it I have to scrape the bottom by hand and then keep mixing. I stick with my 4 qt for making my buttercreams. Hope that helps.
In my opinion....the cake was damaged while transporting...the daughter holding the cake on her lap and the mother slammed on the brakse and the cake went forward and got smashed. Being that it was not 'cold' but room temp made it more vulnerable but it doesn't matter it is not your fault. I am sure if you give her a refund you won't keep her as a future customer. Her guilt for being dishonest will keep her from calling you again. I'd would chalk it up to, like the other...