Posts by Kake-Girl

How can I make a scalloped overlay (fondant on fondant) so that the scallops are even and don't distort when transferring to the cake?
I am attempting to make a beer bottle cake for a friend. I was planning to have my local grocery store create an edible image of the beer bottle logo, but it's copyrighted and they won't do it. I picked up some edible image paper from the craft store, but don't have an edible image printer. Any suggestions on how I can create the logo??? Any and all advice is welcome!!
I have such trouble stacking cakes with any type of fruit filling. I always start with even layers, a super stiff dam, and a very thin coat of fruit sleeve filling but somehow they always shift. I also leave them to settle overnight. What am I doing wrong?For an example, see Damask wedding cake in my photos.
A friend of mine owns a small childrens birthday party businness that teaches kids how to cook simple, yummy, and quick dishes themselves. Basically she goes in with all the supplies for each child, children decorate their "chef" hats, she demos the "how-tos" of the recipe, and the kids make thier own dish from scratch. She is considering adding a "cake decorating" option to her parties as they are primarily entree type dishes right now. Any thoughts and/or ideas on how...
Does anyone know if this will work? I have a recipe for salted caramel buttercream that is fantastic, but a little too sweet. I love WBH buttercream and was thiinking of adding caramel to it.
Thanks for the info!
Does anyone know what type of icing grocery stores use as their "whipped" icing?
Hello all,I would like to paint an image on fondant, but I am not a very good artist. I cannot do it free hand. Is there a way to "trace" the printed image on to the cake so that I can paint it? Any ideas/tips welcome! TIA
Thanks everyone!
Any advice/tips for putting numbers on top of the cake so that they stand up?