Posts by Echooo3

I've had that also, someone on here called them "cake farts". All you can do is poke a hole and let it out.
Well, I can respond. The baby shower was yesterday and there were so many flavors going on in that cake that nobody missed the salt. It was delish!
I forgot to put the salt in the Black Magic recipe. I tasted a small pinch of the cake and it tastes okay to me. Is that just wishful thinking?The cake is going to be filled with alternating layers of cream cheese and ganache.That fact that I left the salt out do you think it will be terribly noticible? It's for my daughter's baby shower.Thanks.
I've done both. it doesn't matter either way.
I have shipped those cookies exactly as you discribe with cellophane wrap, ribbon tied and bubble wrap and have been 100% successful many times.
Additional note to above post. I uses Hesrheys Unsweetened Cocoa Powder.
I have made the Black Magic chocolate cake recipe many times but I swear each 8" cake only gets about 1.5 inches high. I be darned if I can ever get a 2" high cake pouring the batter in (2) 8" pans.I know a lot of people use this recipe and I would love to hear how it turns out for others.Thank you.
I have the wilton copper color. Can I add something to that to make it less red?
For some horseshoes I need to make but I don't have the "bronze" color can I combine colors to make bronze?
I saw a recipe once where you put a truffle (like a Lindt truffle) inside the cake batter prior to baking. Sounded good but I never tried it myself.I've always kept that one in the back of my mind. If anyone tries it please let me know how it works.