Posts by lOIDA

I finally got a great deal on a cricut cake, super excited, but I follow the directions and tips and can't seem to get it right! it either rips it or breaks it or wrinkles it! I would GREATLY appreciate any tips or tricks to get nice clean cutouts PLEASE!!Thanks!
I did these last year mostly for fun and loved it and everyone loved them, this year I lost my job so I want to see if I can sell some... I have no idea how much would be a fair price to ask for so that it's worth the ingredients and my time but not be expensive? any suggestions would be appreciated... thanks!
I don't know what's wrong with me? the first coupld of cakes I covered in fondant looked smoother than the last ones I've been doing?!? I'm using the same everything... are there any tricks to get fondant to NOT wrinkle (at the bottom, when it gets to the board)... how can I make my fondant SMOOOOOOOOOOTH!?
I made the shape of a light saber with cardboard, perfect shape and size and taped it up to keep the shape. i need to wrap it in Fondand and I have no idea what to use so the findant sticks? I know, I'm clueless lol. PLEASE HELP!!
I need to make a star wars cake... The main piece in the cake is a life size light saber (it will be laying on the cake). I dont know which medium and which way would be best? I want it to look great and smooth. Should I do rkt covered in fondant? Modeling chocolate? What would be the best way to shape it?? Hayyy!! I'm lost on thisnone please help! T.i.a.
I've had a lot of requests for the recipe and instructions for how to make the halloween finger cookies I've posted here on cc, I've decided this is the best way to share this so that as many of you can hopefully have as much fun as we did making these! good luck!1 c. butter (NO substitutes), softened 1 c. powdered sugar 1 egg 1 tsp. vanilla extract 1 tsp. almond extract 2 3/4 c. flour 1 tsp. baking powder 1 tsp. salt red decorating gel sliced almonds In mixing bowl,...
Thanks everyone! it was on my dori figure for my nephew's Nemo cake but the vanilla did the trick! I love the fact that no matter how big or how small the booboos I make are, I can always count on the CC members to save me!!! I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way... thanks again!
I accidently smudged a little paint on a figure Im making.. not that obvious but Id really love to be able to just get it OUT! Is there some kind of trick I can use?
I made my first shoe last night and the heal looks horrible! Does anyone have any directions or tips for a good heal?
Thanks so much! I would love to have it propped open but want it all edible... Could I do the propped open version with fondant or would that not harden enough?