Posts by superwawa

Love it! If they are mini cupcakes maybe you can find a plastic cup that will accommodate 2-3 of them - stacked parfait style with frosting in between.
Thanks, Marianna46, I appreciate the feedback. I am not worried so much about the stacking, but if the cake itself will hold up torted with a heavy filling and covered in fondant. I see now after checking a few recipes for sponge that it does really vary, and seems to be similar to angel food cake, or the type of cake that is used to make rolled cakes. Many of the recipes call for no frosting at all, just a light coating of powdered sugar. So I am going to confirm with...
I was asked by a friend to make a "vanilla sponge" cake, which I have never made before. The cake will have fresh strawberry filling and will be fondant covered. After trying my luck on Google, I decided I need the expertise here! Can you let me know your thoughts on sponge cake? Is it a dense/firm cake or is the opposite? Or does it all depend on the recipe used?This cake will not need to be carved, but will be stacked tiers and I worry about the weight of fondant and a...
I do not think it is too raunchy, but it does imply a certain style or type of cake. I am in NJ too and I think the name would be OK if you had the right kind of cakes/clientele - first impression to me was either you having very decadent/gourmet flavors, or that the decorations were like a "Jerseylicious" type style, cakes with attitude Hey - look at this this way, the first three bakeries with that name that pop up on Google are in New Mexico, Ohio and Alabama -...
I check out Cake Central all the time while riding in the car as a passenger! You don't need an App if you have a smart phone just go to the CC site with your web browser. CC in the car or on the train to/from work has been a lifesaver for me at times
That sounds like a great idea! I always keep a lookout for flavored marshmallows, but to make rice krispie treats, I have not yet tried to make fondant. Some other flavors I have seen so far are pumpkin, strawberry and peppermint.
For those of you not aware, there has been some new development discussed in this post: http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-711536-nj.html+jerseyBill S2734 is on the agenda for the Senate Committee hearing on Monday 11/21, 2:00pm, Committee Room 1, 1st Floor, State House Annex, Trenton.We need supporters to show up, but if you can't make it we've learned that the bill's sponsor Senator Bateman will collect email testimony and forward to all the committee members...
I was revisiting this post now that I want to defrost and use my leftover batter - thanks for the reply TexasSugar, I had missed it when you posted it.
I have seen #81 used to make a Mum:http://www.wilton.com/technique/Chrysanthemum-MumHTH!
I pretty much only use DH mixes, but for the flavors I have tried the Lemon, Pineapple and Strawberry - both on their own and doctored with good reviews on all. My stores never seem to have Orange but I did once find it once while traveling and carried it home in my suitcase! I did not doctor it much but used it to make a "creamsicle" type cake with vanilla ice cream and whipped topping. I would buy that one again in a heartbeat if I saw it. Now I will have to keep my eyes...