Posts by sunshineh100

I will try adding some red...  yes, the Wilton black was new when I used it, but the Americolor black that I have and tried today did the SAME THING!!!  Ahhhh!!   Thanks for all the feedback :)
Thanks for the replies...  I used Wilton with what I did a few weeks ago...   I wasnt able to use it, but saved it, and it didnt get black as it sat, it is still green!!  I will use it when I need a dark green   Today I was using Americolor, and had the same problem.  I managed to make it useable by adding cocoa, then a bit more black, but it still has a bit of a green tinge.  I cant paint it as I need it dried in a couple of days and I have enough trouble with the...
This may be discussed here already, but I looked through some threads that I searched and did not get an answer, and I need help fast as I have to get a grad cap made today so it can dry!!  I am tinting gumpaste, made myself using wilton gumtex and the recipe on the can.  I have great success with this recipe and have used it often.  I need jet black, and for some reason when I add coloring, it is going GREEN!!!  I knew I was going to need this, and needed some a few...
I have made chocolate fondant (used recipe from this site!) and then tinted it black.. It still had a *slight* brown tint to it, but it tasted really good!!!!I have made several lady bug cakes, I find they are some of the easiest I have ever done!! My daughter is a ladybug nut so she always wanted them when she was young, and now that she is older, I usually try to encorporate a small fondant ladybug into her cake somehow....
Thank you SOO so much for this post!! I have read the forum but have never posted anything, but this was the exact question I was going to post today... I have been doing cakes as a "hobby" for years, and have been trying to get a business going, and have finally gotten MUCH busier this past year... I usually tell people I need two weeks advance for a cake, but lately i have been getting a lot of calls from people for almost last minute, a day or two, so they are going...