Posts by Kavrena

I was looking forward to it too. That happens to me all of the time though. You go through all of this research just for them to change their mind, LOL!!
When I look at the pic it looks like the fondant was painted with the "Hot Pink". If you look at the sides of the cupcakes you can still see bits of white and where it looks like brush strokes on the sides. Just my opinion. If that is the case it can definitely be a job for the airbrush.
Thank you for adding this link, eve81!!
THANK YOU stepOnmi, I even did the sketches in full color with notes of what could be different, because I know that what I see in my head isn't always what everyone else sees. They will be buying the ingredients and I already told them that I have to have EVERYTHING by the 3 week mark. I think some people are just hard headed, LOL. I really do need to emphasize the holiday shipping. Hope that you guys don't mind, but I will be paraphrasing what you are all saying.Thank...
Thank you everyone for your help. They do plan on paying for the ingredients. I can't meet them face to face because they are away at school and won't be "home" until Christmas. I have tried to call twice during the whole process and they just respond with an email, no phone call. I am going to take all of your advice and send a message laying everything out with an emphasis on needing the time to get special equipment. I am almost certain that they will want something...
I have been doing cakes for family and friends for a little over a year now. I have a family member who is getting married at the end of December and they asked me to do the cake. I contacted them about what exactly they wanted and they gave some general things that they wanted for the cake. I sketched out 5 cakes using what they wanted in each of them. I sent them in an email and got no response. A week later I sent an email stating that I just wanted to make sure that...
Or maybe Hostess Cupcakes!!
Ok, so today I used Cake Man Raven's recipe and it was a huge hit!! It came out very moist yet sturdy. (Sliding that one into the recipe stash).Thank you, CC fam, for your help. It is as always greatly appreciated!!
I ahve found them by searching the galleries here on cc and by Googling the specific templates I'm looking for. For some templates it may take a lot of searching. Good Luck!!
Thanks for answering, Jan, but it only makes me have more questions, LOL Now I need to pick your brain for a moment if you don't mind. Can I replace the oil with the same amount of room-temp butter and get a better flavor or should I melt the butter and use it like oil? Also, what if I use half butter and half veg shortening? From my understanding the shortening would make for a denser cake. And lastely, (Sorry) if I use AP flour instead of cake flour will it make the cake...