Posts by thumbs

I think you undercharged not overcharged. By the time you factor in gumpaste, and the time you spent.
Thanks everyone. I picked it up last week and am amazed by the size of it. Can't wait to try it out.The air brush booth looks amazing as well.
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this program. I was undercharging terribly before I bought this software. I will not even attempt to quote a cake before entering all my data.In terms of charging by slice, I don't use it like that. I enter all my recipes and items which comes up with a base price then I add how many hours at my hourly rate and that's how I am charging. Since you can mark up your recipes, supplies, etc it tells you what your actual cost is and what your profit is...
If you used a whole tub of icing then they were too moist. Also, if the chocolate was lumpy it may have been too thick. You can add shortening to it to thin it out.I always have issues with chocolate cake pops and now only do them in vanilla. I think the chocolate is just to moist. Also all of bakerellas instructions tell you to take the pop directly out of the fridge and dip. I seem to always end up with cracked chocolate when I do that. So I tested it a few...
Glad you were able to get the waiver before they came. I had a small celebration cake that was being picked up yesterday. Told them what to bring towel to level out the front seat as well as a flat surface. He showed up with nothing! So I thought okay, we can manage. Well his car was full of garbage. Water bottle, coffee cups, etc everywhere...floors and seats. He cleaned out the floor of the front seat and that's where it went. All day I have been thinking I...
Thanks everyone. I am over the moon right now A Cake Safe is an amazing transportation system. It keeps your tiers from falling and also helps to keep your cake cool as well You can check out a video at cakesafe.com I have watched it a few time dreaming of the day I could buy one.
I just found out about 2 minutes ago that I am the winner of a raffle that took place through the Canadian Cake Decorators Guild. I bought 4 tickets 2 weeks ago in hopes to increase my odds of winning this as I have been eying it up for some time now.I can't believe I won a Cake Safe......yahhhhhI am not sure what size it is, but I am sure once I start playing with it I will end up ordering other sizes to add to my collection.AHHH, I am dancing around my place right...
I use outlook express which provides a preview pane. This allows me to click on the e-mail in the pain which then shows the e-mail so I can read in full, but it technically isn't opening the e-mail. There all the other Outlook users that do the same thing I do will not register as an opened mail in the mail tracking systems.
I have a bee hive in my photos I made last year. I only used a 8" 6" 4" and mini ball on top. I didn't use any supports as the top two layers were so small. I did put a dowel right through the middle so that it would stay put while I was icing and applying fondant.As you are going with bigger sizes it would be very easy to put one single support in the middle. I wouldn't board each cake as you are using single layers for each level it makes it like a regular cake...
I'm in the same boat. I always make bigger then needed. I laugh at the serving size charts and so do most of my customers. Luckly I don't charge by the slice but rather then by the cake size and labour