Posts by 2SchnauzerLady

Welcome to CC! I get my recipes from various sources - chocolate cake from the Hershey's can, vanilla cake from TLC network, other recipes from this site, various blogs, etc. For frosting, I generally use Sugarshack's buttercream from this site as a base, and add flavorings or cocoa powder, various flavored coffee creamers as my liquids. I haven't found a recipe I like for cream cheese frosting, I think my taste buds are changing!
kim_1, here is a recipe to make your own corn syrup:Ingredients•2/3 cup cold water2 tablespoons cornstarch2 cups sugar1/8 teaspoon powdered alum1/8 teaspoon vanilla Directions•Step 1: In a saucepan, mix the cold water and the cornstarch.Step 2: Bring the mixture to a boil. Stir until it becomes clear.Step 3: Add the sugar. Continue to boil until it reaches the consistency of prepared corn syrup.Step 4: Remove from heat and add the vanilla and alum. Stir to dissolve. You...
I have tried mixing modeling chocolate and fondant, but that doesn't stretch well, either.
Jenn2179 - please let us know if decreasing the sugar helps decrease the stickiness of the cake.
In today's galleries, someone posted several pictures of Ben 10 in the process of being made without a mold. It might help some.
I like to use Sugarshack's buttercream made with shortening, I use white chocolate mocha creamer for the white chocolate bc and I vary which chocolate flavor creamer for chocolate. In the chocolate bc, I replace 1/2 cup sifted cocoa for 1/2 cup PS, and when I am mixing the creamer with the shortening, I add 2 oz unsweetended melted chocoate, and one melted semisweet chocolate bar. If you want a really dark chocolate color, add some brown coloring.We've had a lot of triple...
Love the recipe on the back of the Hershey's cocoa can, sub coffee for the water, and buttermilk or sour cream for the milk. The WASC is also good, but needs to go in the fridge before you do anything with it so it firms up. After that, you can leave it out of the fridge. Both hold up really well for decorating.
If you look under the Technical Support forum, you will find that it's the same for everyone. We will have to patiently wait for them to fix the problem.
I'm having the same problem. This topic needs to go under Technical Support so it gets seen by the right people, but I don't how to change it.
How dense is the cake - is it very light and airy or is it dense. The really light cakes tend to smoosh under the weight of fondant.