Posts by tiredmomdm

you just said you don't use the flavoring in the batter but your recipe have 1T of flavoring. I'm confused
No I check both of them all the time.  I use both mixes and scratch. Do I fill the pans 1/2 full or 3/4 full?  Some tutorials and books say one thing then another. When you make a normal layer cake how high do your layers get.
my cakes never seem to rise high like most of the videos I see. Their cakes seem to rise to the top of the pan and a dome over that.    Sometimes I get a dome but then it sinks. I;m not using large pans they are 8 - 10" wilton pans    what am I doing wrong?
Wow thank you all so much. I will try all of these and let you know how it goes. It will be wonderful to get back to doing cake. Since Irene we were without power, water, and had over 4ft of water in the basement. We now have everything back on and the water is out but so, so, so much clean up. Thanks again!
this is probably a stupid question but how does everyone make their cakes look so smooth? After i put my fondant on it looks all lumpy. I doesn't look flat and crisp like all the pics i see
the site is very easy to use and very professional. you are an amazing artist
the site is very easy to use and very professional. you are an amazing artist