Posts by cb37015

Thanks for the input Deliciousdesserts! I am planning on a 2-tier (6 and 8"), with a 1 1/2" tiffany blue satin ribbon and the 4 row crystal banding on top of that. I live in Burlington, NC and visited Charleston last April. Loved it!   I paid $50 for a 2 yards, 4 row band from Diamond party..
I ordered rhinestone banding from Diamond Party confetti. What is the best way to secure it to itself on the back of the cake? Thanks!
Ok, thanks!
I usually do fondant covered cakes, however I've been asked by a client to do buttercream with fondant accents. I am wanting to make the cake the day before it is due.   Couple of questions- 1. What is the best way to store a buttercream cake- fridge or counter? Covered? 2. If it is stored in the fridge, do I need to worry about the fondant accent colors running?   Thanks!
Its actually my brother in law's wedding, so I'm technically not getting paid! My mother in law is actually paying for most the supplies..
They want red velvet/cream cheese frosting and chocolate/caramel buttercream regular sized cupcakes. Mini cupcakes are going to be apple spice cake with cinnamon buttercream.
I've been asked to do regular and mini sized cupcakes for a wedding with 100 guests. I am trying to decide how many of each to do. I am thinking 100 cupcakes and 4 dozen mini. Is this too much? I am buying some individual containers for people to take home cupcakes not eaten during the wedding. Any suggestions would be helpful! Thanks!
Hi MacsMom-I am in need of a strawberry cake recipe. Any suggestions? Thank you for your help!Crissy