Posts by cutiepiebaker

Thank you so much for your help! I will definitely try to pop it in the fridge... do I cover it in seran to do that?Also... don't laugh at me... what's WASC?? I told you I am a rookie.... haha.
Hi there! I have been asked to do a 3D tractor cake, and I am wondering what kind of cake they use on Cake Boss, Ace of Cakes, etc. that is able to be cut and shaped more easily with a serrated knife? My cakes are too soft and crumbly... I have heard pound cake, but that's still too soft (the recipe I have anyway)...I heard them say on a show once that they had cream cheese in the pound cake? Is that true? Should I find a recipe with that in it???I am a rookie and have...
I have used fresh fruit a few times now... and it IS because I saw it on Cake Boss =)I put a layer of "Smucker's strawberry spreadable fruit" and then a layer of thinly sliced fresh strawberries... I paired it with vanilla pound cake and vanilla buttercream. I made the cake on Thursday and they didn't eat it til Saturday. It was also covered in MMF...Anyway, I was nervous after I delivered it that it would have gotten moldy or soggy or something, and it held up...