Posts by Kellbella

I love watching Marc from Merci Beaucoup work with BC and was wondering if anyone knew what he was using? Royal or an SMBC??? It just looks so silky and creamy!
Saw a short story on the news last night about IL allowing home based baking as long as you don't make more than $1,000 per month. It was brought about because a young girl was making cuppies in her home and selling them and a reporter did a story on her and then the HD got wind of it.....thoughts anyone?
An Agbay is a MUST HAVE!!!!! Not that too expensive in my opinion, definitely worth not having to use a knife, and I use my Agbay to level the top of my cake AFTER it's been iced....ensures a nice level top too!
Hmmm....ok will check it out. Thank you :)
I saw on a cake show rerun, a decorator using "screenprinting" to make a logo or letters on a piece of fondant.....looks like something I would like to know more about.  Have any of you done this and/or know what I'm talking about and where can I get the needed equipment or supplies?
Thank you all!
I need to make several flavors for some cuppies next week and to save time, I'd like to make my SMBC and either freeze or refridgerate it for a few days till I'm ready. How will that work??? Any tips or suggestions or should I not do that?
Seems like all that left is Cake Boss....what happened to all the challenges and weren't there some reality shows based on some other cakers??? Hmmmmm.....it's a mystery.
I've heard of adding the tonic water only to the icing mixture and then there's a method of using the tonic water and jello then dip the cupcakes in that mixture...what's best? I would like to color the icings in neon colors for this birthday cupcake order I have....does anyone have any suggestions? Has anyone tried both methods and if so, which one works best??? Thanks in advance for your help :)
Just add a bit of shortening....works just fine