Posts by Kellbella

Thank you all!
I need to make several flavors for some cuppies next week and to save time, I'd like to make my SMBC and either freeze or refridgerate it for a few days till I'm ready. How will that work??? Any tips or suggestions or should I not do that?
Seems like all that left is Cake Boss....what happened to all the challenges and weren't there some reality shows based on some other cakers??? Hmmmmm.....it's a mystery.
I've heard of adding the tonic water only to the icing mixture and then there's a method of using the tonic water and jello then dip the cupcakes in that mixture...what's best? I would like to color the icings in neon colors for this birthday cupcake order I have....does anyone have any suggestions? Has anyone tried both methods and if so, which one works best??? Thanks in advance for your help :)
Just add a bit of shortening....works just fine
Check out my little blog...I have some instuctions posted on my first Lightning McQueen cake....good luck!http://kellythecakegirl.wordpress.com/
Coffee creamer...good to know...I will try it with my next batch!
How much icing do you think I'll need?
Thanks so much!!
I will be attempteing cake pops for the first time this week. I saw the recent tutorial posted on here and that was great! I am wondering how much actual cake will I need for 40 pops? I baked a 12 in round....will that be enough?