Posts by shorty23903

lol. Yes I know what u mean. When I made the Raiders cake for my friend's husband which is a big time Raiders fan, he did not want to cut the cake. This cake is posted in my photos. Its was only the second cake I had done & I was amazed at how good it turned out. I made two but the first round Raiders was the best of both. Her husband could not believe his eyes & even though I had never talked to him, he took the time to personally thank me. My brother didn't cut his pool...
I'm on my 20's. And yes I figured out that most cake lady's and guy's are usually a little older than me. Even when I took all my four cake decorating classes it seemed like everyone was at least in their early fourty's. But I also figured out that the more experience you have making cakes, the better your cakes turn out to be. Im hoping to get better with time... I couldn't even sleep last night trying to figure out what I'm going to end up doing. I feel like just not...
Thanks again. & yes I can write proper English. I wasn't trying to offend anyone. It is very common with younger persons to text that way on cell phones and it is very easy to forget not to do that else where. But I will start writtng correctly even on my phone from now on. It will make it easier to not forget that I'm not actually texting on my cell phone.
Thank you so much for everyone's answers and I'm sorry about the way I wrote. I text alot on my cell phone & that's the quickiest way to answer and ask questions for people my age. But I will keep in mind to use correct writting when I ask questions here on cake central. Which it also took me a while to figure out what CC meant.. thanks again.
That sounds reasonable.. so i guess i can buy the materials & just have them pay for that and not charge for making the cake.. I dont think I can get in legal trouble as long as I'm not makin profit. I just think its alot more trouble to have people go look for the things i need because they dont know what i need & dont wana bother going to go look for all my materials. Its easier for me to just buy it & give them the receipt.Thank God.. I was starting to get depressed...
Or did u say that they actually buy the ingredients to make them free cakes? because if they paying for the the ingredients Y does it matter if they go get them or if i get the ingredients for them? what part am i lost on?...lol
thank you for your comments. one more question. lets say I make friends a cake.. & they give me buckets of fondant or buckets of buttercream to use for the next cakes.. is dat ilegal? I kan do dat right? that way I dont have to use alot of my income & i can keep making my friends and family happy by keeping making them the cakes they love. That way it would b affortable for me & for them to have cakes on every birthday. or is there something ilegal about that too? sorry,...
kan i have my friends & family bring me the supplies and I just make them the cakes?
oh would i have any legal problems if i keep making cakes for family for free.. & what if i just have my friends pay for the supplies and not charge them for makin it? can i do dat meanwhile I figure out how to start a legal business? or should i stop making them completely until i get a business set up.
so I guess my best option is to go talk to the HD and start from there. Is it costly to start a small business? Does any1 know if its possible since we had a carport & we closed it in to make a kitchen there. I have my own kitchen aside.. That way i can stil work at home but have my seperate kitchen for cakes? Can i have an inspector to come look at it & talk to me? Do they charge to just come & inspect & tel me what i need to do?