Posts by Ariginal

wow thanks again ladies... i really love yours they are so cute... i will update as soon as i have something done.. but thanks so much for all your advice etc...
thanks guys for all your help... My business name is A'Riginal Cakes but i have been trying to figure out like a little pic thing for a logo rather than just a photgraph on my cards... but i really like the cartooning a cake that is great as that would definately not be stealing anyone elses specially if i go with one of my own designs... thanks heaps.will keep you updated with what i get ehehe
Hi people,I was wondering how any of you came up with a logo for your business? and to of course be sure not to copy someone else's..? i am wanting something that i can put on my cards but keep coming up blank.. my business name is A'Riginal Cakes and at the mo i have a photo of one of my cakes from many years ago on it but wondered bout having a logo but i just dont know where to start any help would be much appreciated.. thanks in advance...
i have several different pieces of fabric as i dont want all my cake pics to have the same backdrop so i try to mix things up a bit.. i drape it over a box ont he dining table and onto the dining table.. i have windows everywhere so great for cake pics... i then fold it all up put it back into my fabric bag that is just for my cakes till the next one
Over here brides ask for a plain white iced cake quite often and I personally do not supply them basically for that reason leahs... I tell them that I will not supply cakes to be decorated with fresh flowers, real shells etc due to food contamination and if anyone got sick they would blame the cake not thinking about what they have put on it... Its just not worth the risk or hassle.. and most when i explain this are totally understanding and either go for the whole hog or...
thanks so much for your help... i am sure i will be able to come up with something now..
Hi people,I was wondering if anyone had ideas on how tomake a 3D dressmakers manaquin as my daughter hopes to become a fashion designer and she is having a fashion designing theme birthday party 4th july... i thought about the dressmakers thing to which i could drape with fabric have pins etc all of icing on it.. but not sure on what i need to use to make the torso out of cake etc.. any help will be greatly appreciated..thanks in advance.
I make mine from plaque paste as it sets with in a day.. i insert a toothpick in the bottom while it is still wet. I make a long sausage and make my number letter what have you from the sausage as i can then make it thinish and its not tooo heavy.. then when i put into cake i put royal icing under it to cement it... I did however do a 50 for an anniversary cake but that went onto a plaque so i didnt use a toothpick but did glue it with royal icing and used 2 supports on...
Hi i do it all the time.. first time is scary but it is wellworth it giving piece of mind that the cake wont slide apart... bite the bullet and go for it. just remember to make a slight point on the end of the dowell to be able to push right thru or hammer whichever you are doing.. good luck and let us know how you get on...
the other option which i have used, is match the colour with a paint shop sample chart and then you can find out what is used to make that colour... its worth a try otherwise unfortunately it is trial and error sorry..