Posts by marzipandoll

I am shocked how many people choose the Amazing Poopy (ooh sorry did I say that?) mold over the Plastique for example.I am just curious to see if those people have actually used both products and just prefer the putty?I have used both. My first mold making experience gone wrong...thanks to A.P. mold purchased at Michael's! Is it even cheaper? Or it comes in smaller amount than what makeyourownmolds.com offers?I molded some small figurines the first time. There were too...
I've made so many leaf molds before, they work well! However I always pick real leaves, clean them good and they are ready to go. I mold young pine cones too. Although Chef Dominic's tutorial describes Silicone Plastique, I used Copyflex for this project as well, having no choice at the time, and that worked great too.However, I recommend the real leaf coming off a tree, rather than the silk and other fake-ness. First of all, they hardly have so many amazing details, and...
Oh cool! Thank you sir!
Dominic is there an easy way to make shot glass molds?
thanks I make a lot of those. All different ages. Most ppl think they are creepy. Hahahah Chef Dominic said about my newborn clay baby, that it was only missing the blood and umbilical cord! He got jokes.
I love a mold that is simple and basic, because you can use your imagination and do so many different things with it, one won't even recognize it's coming from the same mold. I wanted to share this with you as an example.Good friend of mine Chef Janet Ben Ami, cake decorator and teacher asked me to make her a mold that she can use for making cherubs. Best bet was to make her a baby mold, then she just had to add the angelic elements, but she can still use this mold later...
I know what you mean about coming with empty bags! Hahah my dad does that when he comes to visit.I am not sure why isn't this product in stores... Dom? Why?You can order at www.Makeyourownmolds.com ships pretty fast. Good luck and have a good time coming to the US. Make sure on the way back you don't put silicone in your carry on bag if you are flying!
Oh wow! Is that like custom fees? If you have friends or family up here they can order, repackage and send as gift. Just thinking out loud.
Thanks! I am glad you liked. Silicone ships internationally too!
Lace molds are NOT CHEAP. Yet easy to make. There is this site called laceheaven.com they have many different laces on a low price.I like a shallow lace mold, I don't want my lace to be thick. To me a lace on the cake should look thin and fragile. So it's basically an impression mold.In this weather the dits are soft, but if they are firm I warm them a little bit. I brush my lace with Seal Dit, I don't mind picking it up and rubbing it on it, going over it with a brush too...