Posts by norfred

Hello Cakers,   I have been asked to make this 3 tier square cake and the pattern that they want is very detailed. I am not sure how its done. could some of you help with ideas. Your suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you        
Hi everyone,I was asked to make this cake for a girls 13th birthday. I love it and the idea of making it is a challenge I would love to tackle..but I am concerned about the structure and stability of this cake. The cake is alice in wonderland theme and at the bottom of the cake is the cheshire cat along with the hat on top and the teapot with lots of details. I am not sure if i should make the cat in rice crispy treats. Any suggestions you guys may have to execute this...
I have been asked to make a 3D trophy cake for a body builder. I love the idea but i am terrified about the structure not being stable enough. I have included a link where you can see the trophy and possibly give me any suggestions you may have that will help me. I need the cake to feed aprox 20-30 ppl. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much. I am sorry the attachment didn't work but here is the link: http://oakbrook-awards.logomal.....SRVC_Id=65 thanks...
I have been asked to make a 3D trophy cake for a body builder. I love the idea but i am terrified about the structure not being stable enough. I have included a picture of the trophy so that you can take a look and possibly give me any suggestions you may have that will help me. I need the cake to feed aprox 20-30 ppl. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much. I am sorry the attachment didn't work but here is the...
Hello everyone...i saw this beautiful cake here on cakecentral and thought it was perfect for my sister-in-laws baby shower. I promised to make her a beautiful cake and this one just seems to be the ideal design... the only problem i have is how to make the structure of it work where it will stay put. I am sure this has to have some sort of heavy dutry support system but I would so greatly appreciate any help you guys may offer on how to pull it off. I have sent a message...
Thank you all for your help. I appreciate all of the advice and I think I will try coloring the fondant first and then brushing it with gold luster dust. I think this will work best. Thank you kakeladi, inspireddecorator & paulstonia. You came to my rescue. You guys are awesome
Hello to everyone on CC. Ok, I am going to be making my cousins wedding cake which is for this saturday. I found the cake that she wants. Here is the link for the cake it's # WF-002 (second one on the top row)http://www.cakedesignsbyedda.com/gallery/index.php?cat=56&page=0&limit=12She like it just like this but wants to have the lace in gold and the bow on the bottom to be in gold like the on that is on this link Cake # WF-202. (first one on the bottom...
Kitagrl, would piping it in royal icing give it a more elegant look as opposed to buttercream? I would think so. I'm just wondering how I would get the best RI consistency to make sure it stays and does not run. Do any of you have a good royal icing recipe you might be able to share. Thanks again.
Thank you all for your suggestions. I will definetely practice and make sure that I feel comfortable enough to do it on the actual cake. It's really great to have such a wonderful support network. Thanks you all very much
Hello to everyone,I am new to cc and loving it so far. My cousin is getting married and she wants me to make her wedding cake. I agreed, but I need help with any suggestions you all may have. I am posting a picture of the cake because I am unsure how I would go about to get the scalloped look on the sides of the cake(the one on the left). I imagine it would be by piping it on, but I am scared that it will not be even all around and maybe some of you may have an easier way...