Posts by LeeBD

I think I would go with ganache : )
Don't put fondant on a frozen cake
Are you only wanting to wrap the sides in the chocolate? I'm not quite understanding just what you want to do.
I may be the only one that says this but I did not like Sylvia's Yellow cake recipe. I like a moist dense cake and I found this to be a bit on the dry side. I didn't over bake. I made 3 tiers and they all came out the same.
What about some sort of cookie? I have put cookie crumbs in chocolate fudge that goes inside an ice cream cake and they stay crunchy.
I find it best to charge by the mile(round trip). I think the federal reimbursement rate is around .58 per mile now.
I'm having a hard time seeing exactly what the design is.
Do some price comparisons in your area(not from a grocery store bakery). Figure out what your costs are(time and $).Price points are different in different areas so it would be difficult to tell you exactly what to charge. HTH
Try WASC using vanilla yogurt, vanilla pudding and vanilla paste. It's how I make my vanilla cake. I think it actually tastes like vanilla.
Try the "Decorators Cream Cheese" recipe. It's great to use as a frosting. Regular cream cheese frosting is fine for a filling but is too soft to ice with