Posts by LeeBD

Candy corn is a Fall candy popular in the US. I don't know if it's available in the UK.
You can "paint" them by hand. Mix petal dust(in the color you need) with some vodka or lemon extract and paint them.
I usually apply images or sugar sheets on crusted BC. Just LIGHTLY moistened the area where sheet will be applied with a little water.
Vanilla yogurt, not plain yogurt. Vanilla yogurt tastes like vanilla, no sour taste at all.
I use vanilla yogurt(not sour cream)in my vanilla cake. Plus liquid vanilla coffee creamer.
I have applied images to fondant as well as butter cream. I would not refrigerate the cake though after applying image to fondant. Fondant tends to "sweat" after being in the fridge causing the image to dissolve some.
I always use a cream cheese frosting filling for carrot cake.
I have seen some pretty simple recipes for actual cheesecake fillings. You basically make a cheesecake, minus the crust, in a pan lined with parchment paper or foil.This way it's easy to lift out of the pan, flip onto cake and remove paper or foil. Just do a search for "Cheesecake filling for cake", you will def find something. Another option which is VERY easy is Cheesecake mousse. Cheesecake instant pudding mixed with cream and milk. It won't have the same strong...
Esco foods makes a cherry red food coloring, not sure if that's what you're looking for.
Last week I posted in regards to making WASC cakes with the new smaller size cake mixes. Since then I contacted JM Smucker Co, makers of Pillsbury, and this is what I was told. "The cake mixes make the same amount of cake as before. The only thing that has changed is the bake time. Rest assure it is the same great product with the same great taste". Okay so this doesn't make much sense to me. Why should baking time be less if the cakes are the same size? How could...