Posts by LeeBD

2 bxs white cake mix 2 cps flour 2 cps sugar 1 tsp salt 1 sm pkg instant white choc. pudding(optional) 2 cps diet lemon-lime soda 2/3 cp maraschino cherry juice 2 cps vanilla yogurt 8 egg whites 1/4 cp oil 2 tsp vanilla ext 1 tsp lemon ext 1/2 tsp Lorann cherry   (Cut recipe in half for 8" round)
They seem to be 4" cakes, but sometimes it's hard to tell from a picture.  10", 8" rounds will serve 55(1"x2" slices)and a 6" for anniversary cake. 
Different WASC recipes will yield different amounts of batter depending on what is being added.  I find that most WASC recipes that I use yield between 14-16 cups of batter.  That would be using 2 boxes of cake mix, 2 cups flour and so on.  I always make a note on each recipe, after making it the first time, how many cups of batter it makes.  HTH   
I have never stacked a rose cake but 2 thoughts come to mind. I would either decorate both and stick in fridge til firm then stack....or I would decorate bottom tier, stack and decorate top tier. I would do the latter if you are not experienced in stacking because once the top tier is decorated you won't be able to touch the sides. Make sure you are using a board or plate under top tier and dowels in bottom tier for support.
I use the "Costco" mousse recipe. It's easy and perfect for stacking cakes. 1cp milk 1cp hvy whipping cream 1lg bx inst pudding(any flavor)Beat ...sometimes I remove a couple of tablespoons of milk and replace it with a couple TBS of cream for a bit more firmness
I have made several "funfetti" cakes. I usually make a vanilla WASC and just add sprinkles. The advantage of doing it that way is being able to customize colors.
I always sift my cakes mixes.
The original WASC recipe called for an 18.25oz box of cake mix. Companies are no longer making the mixes in that size. Some people are adding the extra 2 oz of mix from another box. Not sure how that's been working out because I haven't had to do that yet. I ran out and bought as many boxes of 18.25 boxes of cake mix I could find before they were gone! I usually use Duncan Hines or Pillsbury cake mixes, so it is not necessary to stick with BC.Fillng the pan depends on...
I have The Mat and love it. Don't need to put anything on it. Never had any problems with drying or cracking.
Recipe I have is: 6 oz white choc., chopped 4 TBS light corn syrup 3 TBS water(of course you can double it)Heat all slowly, stirring 'til combined.