Posts by Annabakescakes

I know of a place to goof off, lol! I really meant for the posts that say "you guys are so so mean , we all had to start somewhere" after a bride has her wedding day ruined or "I don't want to read a bunch of jokes when I come to learn about vanilla!"
I have another one. How about folding or collapsing unhelpful posts? Truncating or whatever it is called? Like when you block a member, you see the post is from a person in your block list, you can click it to see it, but if it ads nothing to the discussion, you don't have to. I personally think some posts are just fun, and I like them, but some people are grumpy and bitter, and don't think there is a place for lightheartedness and fun in a discussion about vanilla. But...
I can't wait until spring, I would love for you to use real leaves and petals to make your molds. I also prefer the lace molds with no card board behind them. Much finer and more elegant.
Imagine if you wanted to be a dr. They aren't handed a practice, they had to invest in themselves. Same as any other career, other than head fry cook. Btw, I think I have pictures of my bakery posted, if you want to see it.
I did it, but I don't recommend it for everyone. You have to be willing to work hard, save to the point of neglecting yourself, exersize a ton of patience, educate yourself, and know you really want it. It took 7 years from start to finish, from being a divorced mother of 3 making $12,000 a year, and on foodstamps to doubling my income, hoarding used bakery equipment and buying a house on land contract, repairing credit and building out the kitchen, one thing at a time....
and as far as likes and such go, if you just added a button that said "thank you", and another for likes and you could press it and your name would pop into a little list, and it would count you. It would say "annabakescakes and 49 other members appreciated or liked this post. " or thought it was funny, or helpful or whatever. Like on yelp reviews. But make it public, so you can click and read the member name. If you really wanted it to be interesting, you could add a...
The moderating new topics could easily be done, since there are often hours that go by before a new post is made, not like years ago when I joined. Back in '09, we had new posts every few seconds, if not multiple times per second. The "new posts" page changed every couple minutes, and it was impossible to keep up, but if you wanted to try, you better spend all day on here. And people DID spend all day. I lived on here. Now I go days without looking, and only get on here to...
I think wording it as a request would set a different tone, and maybe curb some of the intitlement mentality of the asker.
I am just now trying to get caught up with this thread, but I just want to say that this is brilliant! I do think that people use the "Start new topic" button as a "Google" button. Maybe if when you hit the "new topic" button, it performs an internal search, which leads to a page of cake central forum results that might apply, that you then have to scroll past before you get to the very small box at the very bottom, where you can then ask your question.And this: what about...
One thing that would help is the moving of new posts into threads where the same question was asked, or a similar, and then the new thread being deleted, or locked. I prefer deleted, since I think having a ton of threads about the same dang thing is so messy,and encourages people to start more. Plenty of forums do that too.