Posts by SimplySensationalSweets

I would use a 7 minute frosting...it's a very subtle flavor and you can make your swirl as big as you want with it... you can find some great recipes on allrecipes.com
The cake batters you are freezing are they scratch recipes or box cake mixes?? I still use a cake mix for most of my cupcakes and was wondering if it would freeze ok?
What recipe are you using to make your buttercream?? I've tried many recipes and found one I love and I've stuck with it..great icing every time!1 box of butter ( I usually use 2 sticks sweet cream butter and 2 sticks regular butter)2# bag of XXX sugar1Tbl. vanilla2/3 C French vanilla coffee creamerI cream my butter with the vanilla...then I start adding in my powdered sugar making sure it's mixed thoroughly before adding more...as it starts to dry out I add a little bit...
I ended up with 4 of the cake pop pans...2 complete sets so I'm not sure...it shows on my account with them that they shipped me 2 complete sets but only billed for one..who knows..I just know I can't wait to try them out again!!!!
I found this tutorial today that explains how to make the pops and I think I'm going to give them another try this weekend! I didn't make my cake the way they suggested so that may have been my problem!Here's the link to the tutorial if you want to check it out! I will let you know how mine turn out!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnL5lpS9aGw
I tried my pans once and they did not turn out well at all...I haven't had a chance to try them again...the company messed up and ended up sending me 2 sets of the pans and only charged me for one..so I guess it's a bonus set for me! I hope that I'm able to get them to work right...I like the idea of the pop being all cake dipped in chocolate...I'm hoping to try them again soon since we are working on cakepops for Valentine's Day...I will let you know if I get them...
I forgot that when you cream your butter on my icing recipe you need to add 2tbl of vanilla
My favorite buttercream is so simple to make....it's equal parts butter and sugarI use 2 sticks sweet cream butter and 2 sticks salted or unsalted buttera bag of sugar (I don't sift mine...dump straight from the bag and it works for me)1/3 french vanilla reduced fat coffee creamer (liquid)2 tbls vanillaI cream my butter with vanilla and then add my sugar and liquid slowly.sometimes I don't use all the liquid...it just depends on how thick I want my icing...if it's too...
All of these cupcakes are made as mini cupcakes...that way you can pop the whole thing in your mouth and get all the flavors together...we call them our cupcake shots...I can give you one of the recipes now..the others I will have to post later because they are a little more detailed.I'm still new at the cupcake thing so I'm still using box cake mix...you can substitute your favorite cake recipe for most of these recipes and it would still turn out...*Lemon Raspberry...
Just peeked in cuz I too am making caramel apple cupcakes this year...thank you everyone for the pointers...I can't wait to try these!!!