Posts by cai0311

Okay, so even with the 2" spacers which method of stacking would be better? The largest cake I have made using bubble tea straws is 3 tiers. Will they support a 5 tier cake or should I just go with the SPS? The reason I like the bubble tea option is because I feel safer know the spacers are locked in place somewhat.
So I thought I had it all figured out. I had a plan of attack in mind that made sense and wasn't difficult. Then last night I had nightmere after nightmere of the cake falling over. I was awake from 3:00am - 4:30am rethinking the entire thing. I have two ideas - can you please tell me which is better (or if there is a better third option I didn't think of).The only difference is that the wedding cake I am doing will be 5 tiers of cake and 4 tiers of spacers. The top...
I put the remaining tiers in the freezer for about 30 minutes and seemed to fix the problem. The down side is I have to level the 16" tier tonight and that won't fit in the freezer. I am going to try to chill in the fridge for at least an hour before I cut it. The last thing I want to do is rebake that tier.
I am doing a side to side motion. The cakes were completly cool but not frozen at all. They are just plain pineapple cakes with no chuncks. The blade is brand new. I just got it last week.
I am doing a side to side motion. The cakes were completly cool but not frozen at all. They are just plain pineapple cakes with no chuncks. The blade is brand new. I just got it last week.
My Agbay is tearing my cake tier to shreds. Huge chunks are coming off of the cake. I was going to be done with all my baking tonight, but now I have to rebake my 10" round Am I doing something wrong?
I know you posted that you want the bulk of your servings to come from the cake and the cupcakes to be the extra servings. But, in my pics you will find the exact opposite of that (just for other ideas). It is the picture with all the cupcakes - can't miss it. There were 288 cupcakes and the top tier served 12 = 300 servings.
On an unrelated topic... Cupcakes Under Cover, what tip do you use for the swirl on your cupcakes. I really like the way it looks.
Not to be a downer, but I was a Wilton instructor for almost 2 years at a Michael's store and hated every minute of it. The classes were not supported well by the employees or the public (mostly because the employees were clueless and would give out the wrong info). The manager was worthless. The other instructor the store had would make beautiful display cakes, story boards...and the manager would not put them out front. Instead, the displays would be in the back office...
Round I hate corners!!