Posts by cai0311

I am not sure how many ounces is in the can of pineapple. The can is the same size as a can of soup if that helps. I have also made cupcakes with this recipe several times - never had any problems.
Three wedding cakes ago the table was set up on the dance floor in the middle of the room. The cake was a total of 9 tiers - 5 tiers of cake and 4 tiers of styrofoam spacers. As soon as I walked in the room I knew the top tier wasn't going to make it. I did a judgement call and removed the top tier and spacer making the cake 4 tiers of cake and 3 spacer tiers. I still stand by that call even though the bride sent me an email about how disapointed she was in the height...
I don't really understand what the venue has to do with her getting a discount. Yes the Ritz is a very fancy/upscale venue - so what? I am putting the Ritz down, I just don't see why it plays a factor in pricing. Typically the only people that see the wedding cake are the guests and servers. And a place like the Ritz is use to seeing the best of the best. Those that they refer are the best of the best. So if you are thinking the discount is worth it because maybe you...
I think the cake is really cute. I wouldn't switch hobbies if I were you!
For my pineapple cake I use (this is a extended box recipe):1 box yellow cake mix (I use Pillsbury)1 box pineapple jello mix (make sure not to get sugar free)1.5 cups flour1.5 cups sugar4 eggs1 cup sour cream1/3 cup oil1 cup pineapple juice (I use the juice I drained from a can of crushed pineapple) If here isn't enough juice for an entire cup top it off with milk1 can crushed pineapple (medium size can)I think my pineapple cake is very "pineappley".
I completely agree. This program is great!
I didn't sell those cakes, but thanks for assuming I am a hypocrite.
I charge $3.00/serving for fondant covered cakes. So, 36 guests (6" and 8" round) x 3 = $108.00. Then another $50 for character cutouts. Total would be $108 + $50 = $158.00 But, since it would be illegal to sell this copyright cake I would charge $0 because I wouldn't take order.
I hate when he is right
I received a phone call from a woman back in March of this year asking about wedding cake for Sept. 10, 2011. She emailed me a picture of the cake she wanted, guest count and questions about deposit info, that same day. I emailed an estimate to her and answered her questions. No response.... I figure she went elsewhere since during the phone conversation she stated several times that they were having a long engagement since they had no money to their names. Then in the...