Posts by cai0311

Satin Ice Fondant:I had to purchase a small tub of black Satin Ice fondant last night because I ran out of black Fondarific fondant. I cannot stand Satin Ice fondant - any color - but that is the only brand that comes in black that I can purchase without having to wait for it to be shipped to me. The fondant dries very quickly, cracks everywhere, stinks (literally-it smells) and isn't so much black as a dark grey. I also hate having several different colors of icing all...
NE OhioStarting at $3.00/slice. Depending on the design the price goes up.
I use the 10.5 oz bags because I cannot find 16 oz bags either. The ratio I use is 10.5 oz of marshmellows:4 cups powder sugar.
Personally I would have told her "no problem, we can schedule an appointment Tuesday but because of the missed appointment the Tuesday's tasting will cost $30 and must be paid in cash by noon tomorrow". If she showed to pay you then you would know she was serious about the appointment and if she didn't show to pay then you knew with plenty of time that the appointment was off. I would be annoyed if a vendor never replied to my email - even if I was in the wrong. Plus,...
I am doing the cake for a wedding in July but the cake is only for the bridal party, parents and grandparents of the bride and groom. The couple is Italian and for dessert the guests are getting cannolis.After explaining that a cake to feed 20 is small and really won't look like a traditional wedding cake for the pictures the bride opted to have a three tier cake but only the bottom tier is real cake.I have a feeling some of the guests are going to get irritated because...
My husband worked in Solon for about 2 years. It is a nice area and much closer to Cleveland than Akron but also more expensive to live in.Akron can be hit or miss as far as neighborhoods. The area went down hill for a long time, but is recently trying to spruce things up again and is pouring a lot of money into the area. There are several new metro parks and trails being built and the zoo has had a complete over haul.I live in Kent, Ohio about 45-60 from Cleveland...
This is off topic, but I noticed on CookieMakinMama's website under cupcakes that instead of a picture of a carrot cake flavored cupcake there is a picture of a cookie tray.Wasn't sure if you knew about that.
I agree with everything posted so far. I had 65 people at my wedding. One of the main reasons we decided to keep it small was to be able to afford a high end venue/meal. We paid around $50 per head for just the food - but it was the best food I have ever had at a wedding.Anyway...The majority of our wedding went toward the location and food, so I knew I had to scale back in other areas. I didn't spend a ton on a dress, my wedding ring was $52 (the engagement ring was...
I made a batch of NFSC, which I have done tons of times, but this time the cookies have really bad air bubbles. I usually get around 4 or 5 out of a batch that this will happen to, but all of them have it this time. It is frustrating. Some I popped, but others I wasn'ta able to.How do I stop this from happening.
Thanks for the link, but none of those liners are 2" x 1 3/4".I guess I have to stick with the little ones.