Posts by rosey422

hi, I always freeze three days ahead of delivery. I bake and top the layers wrap in saran wrap and freeze. (this actually keeps the cake moist) next day i fill stack and ice(if doing fondant} next day i fondant and decorate. Works like a charm your not stressed out and if you have a problem you have time to fix it.If it is just a buttercream cake you can do it two days ahead, but always freeze it makes putting the layers together so much easier because they dont bend!...
duff fondant is fonarrific fondant and yes it does not set up. I t works good on bows though they look more realistic. I prefer wilton for figurines,but i also order my fondant from desirees fondant in washington state. they are very reasonable and will match any color you need and shipping is only $5! there fondant is great for covering and making figutines and it tastes good too.
I use to do the same thing i would buy bettercreme from my grocery store bakery. But then i found a recipe on this site and now it is all i use. it is light and not oversweet and everyone loves it. It is the" extra special buttercream recipe" on this site try it and you wont use anythging else. the key is to use high-ratio shortening like sweetex. you can order it online it makes the buttercream more stable. I also substitute the almond extract with creme bouquet flavoring...
I am doing a cirque du bebe cake and am trying to find the name of the font.Anybody out there know what it is?? I have come close with madame and zebrawood but its not quite there. ok cc members i need your help!
thanks so much for your help i was getting worried about it
Hi, I need to pipe black icing on white fondant,do i use royal or buttercream? I don't want it to bleed into the white fondant please help, it is for a wedding cake
Hi, again as far as your boards I use wood for the heavier cakes(probabley my construction background). for square cakes you can get plywood at home depot and they will cut it for you. for round cakes orchard supply has wood rounds you can buy or you can cut the plywood into a round or have your dad do it! Use cake central to get some ideas for piping that you are comfortable with. Michaels craft store offer cake decorating classes if you want practice me i don't have the...
Hello newbie, and welcome to the cake world. As far as your cake size i use the wilton book on serving sizes they have a chart for party and wedding cakes. For 100 people a 12,10 and 8 inch round cake feeds 118. I transport tiered cakes put together its less work when you get there unless you have some piping to do that won't hold up in traveling(like string piping). Transporting is the worst any cake person will tell you that, but after each cake it gets easier. I prefer...
I know the one wilton has says you have to refrigerate after opening..
I find that when i freeze my layers overnite and stack fill and dirty ice the next day my cake stays moist. then the next day i do fondant if just buttercream i do same day. I have definatley had no complaints everybody loves my moist yummy cake. they say it is so nice to get a beautiful cake that tastes good too!