Posts by coachscarey

thanks winniemog.  You are right I don't have an airbrush machine but don't know that it would work because of the high fat content in the butter icing.  It is for a friend so I've explained what has happened and they are ok with it.  I'm still not sure why it turned apricot rather than pink, it looked pink when I was doing it.  Will try to figure it out if I have to do it again.  Thanks
I have decorated a tatty teddy with pink coloured gel.  It looked fine in the bowl and when doing the fur but now that it's finished it looks more an apricot colour.  Can I do something to make it look more pink? Not sure if I could use more gel and a paint brush to fix it.  Help please. Thanks
hi does anyone know where you can buy paper disposable cake pans rectangular and round shapes approx 10" width and 3" depth?   thanks!
cool, that's kinda what I had thought. I have had a good look at lots of the pictures on cc and I am thinking I might cover the board in camo colours and the cakes (2 +1) in say green then leave a space at the front of the board to do a dog tag, the guitar, an army helmet and what ever else I can think of for guitar/army theme.thanks for all your help!!
Hi everyone. I am doing a 21st cake for a guy. He is in the army and loves playing guitar so his mum has asked for this type of theme. I had thought something with camoflauge and the guitar, they want a "21". What is the best way to do camoflauge? does anyone have any suggestions on how I could decorate this cake? Getting a bit frustrated with 2 different themes, would appreciate any help. Thanks Sheryl
thanks, what a gorgeous picture!
thanks for your help. JanH you are a wealth of info when it comes to past posts!!!
sorry, what do you mean by "bump"?
I need to make a bear bride and groom for a wedding cake. Am I best to make the beears then dress them or dress them when I make them? if that makes sense so should I make the suit arms as the arms of the groom or make an arm and then cover it with black after to make the suit sleeve?thanks!
hi, not sure about the packet mixes but the chocolate cake recipe I use has oil not butter and it's great can last for 7-10 days still nice and fresh.