Posts by kimheflin

I was wondering if anyone knows of a recipe to make an icing that would taste very similar to the icing that the grocery stores make. I believe this kind of icing is very similar to a type of whipped cream icing. People around where I live are in love with that icing but all I know to make is buttercream. So, if anyone can help me to find a recipe to make this kind of icing, I would be so happy!!! Thanks.Kim
Does anyone know where I can find a FACELESS styrofoam wig gead to make the 3D Spiderman cake? I can find tons of heads with faces, but none that are faceless and when I read the directions for making this cake, it syas to use a faceless head. Can anyone help???? Thanks!
I tried to make a dinosaur out of RC the other day and it just fell apart. I just could not keep it together, it kept pulling apart. I followed the recipe on the marshmallow package. Do I need to adjust it, like adding more RC or marshmallow? I just need to figure out a way to make it more stable...like the ones you buy in the packages. Does anyoe know how to do that? thanks.Kim
Wow...that sounds pretty tacky to me...it's one thing for her to ask you to pay her for referring you (especially since this was mentioned AFTER the fact) and even worse for her then to add that she wants you to teach her some cake decorating! I don't even know if I could even politely decline...it would make me too irritated!
I am so not a creative person and I need at least an idea on something before I can elaborate on it. That being said...where do you get your inspiration for cakes that you make? I have seen alot of the designs on CC and they are sooo CREATIVE!
Where can you buy the good metal ones?
I'm looking for a place that sells it for a fairly decent price. I have seen several websites that sell it, but the prices vary greatly. I didn't know if anyone could tell me of the cheapest place they know to buy it from? Thanks.Kim
Thank You!!!
Thank You!!!
I have tried to make the strawberry cake from the cake mix doctor book and everytime I try to torte it it crumbles. It almost seems TOO moist. It also has a hard time staying firm under fondant. What am I doing wrong? I always check doneness with a toothpick and I take it out of the oven when the toothpick comes out clear and the cake seems to have pulled away from the sides. Do I still need to cook it even longer, leave out the strawberries or do I just need another cake...